Recoveries. Does it matter which one you use?

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd throw this out there......what's the main differences between thunderc and xionia? Does it matter which one you use for the ROMs available? I have used both and prefer thunderc because I feel it is more user freindly...I have tried any and all ROMs available( on both recoveries, before I settled on thunderc a couple months ago) since I rooted back in Jan and haven't seen a noticeable difference, at least to my noobish eyes. So, again, I just thought I'd pick everyone's brains out there. :)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe the general idea was that the Xionia was better for the CM7 Rom
and the ThunderC was better for the stock/thunder/nRom/Reborn series of Roms

----------------

I've actually used both recovery images and never had issues with either of them.

Last edited:

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Thunderc on a newer Optimus and it does not work so the LCD makes a difference too. I've had my Optimus since December and it worked great on mine. But the newer one... not so much. lol

dohmm

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I started off with thunder but now im on xionia. Thunder is more user friendly, but other than that I have yet to see any noticeable difference between the two.

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
i use xionia now because everybody else does and when i updated to VD nobody had tried it with thunderc recovery yet and i didnt want to be the one to test it

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Thunderc on a newer Optimus and it does not work so the LCD makes a difference too. I've had my Optimus since December and it worked great on mine. But the newer one... not so much. lol

That's no longer an issue the newer version was updated to support both screen types.

Beyond that regarding Xionia, Zefie updated it to allow the clear data option to work from inside the rom, for the more forgetful people :D

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
i use xionia now because everybody else does and when i updated to VD nobody had tried it with thunderc recovery yet and i didnt want to be the one to test it

I'm using the Thunder 2.2.1 recovery, version VD software, but older phone, not the new LCD

Working fine here.

mrinehart93

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are using CM7, you will want to be using Zefie's ClockworkMod Recovery. The reason being is that it gives you the option to format /boot, /system, /data, and /cache. These options are good because sometimes CM7 updates require the WHOLE phone to be wiped. Clockworkmod Recovery just has a lot more options as well, which is why I like it.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are using CM7, you will want to be using Zefie's ClockworkMod Recovery. The reason being is that it gives you the option to format /boot, /system, /data, and /cache. These options are good because sometimes CM7 updates require the WHOLE phone to be wiped. Clockworkmod Recovery just has a lot more options as well, which is why I like it.

I usually run Scott pilgram, currently running aosp 20110601, and have been using thunderc for the last couple months with no issues. I just use the debug zip that zefie had provided.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty