Google voice

scottypeterson

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Im having a very frustrating time trying to figure out what i did wrong when setting up google voice. Im currently running Drews Stable build of CM7 and i read somewhere (can't remember where) that google voice will work as a voicemail since the CM7 doesn't support sprints stock voicemail. Well anyways now i only receive text messages through the Google Voice application and not the phones stock messaging app and when i try to answer a call from a number that Isn't in my contacts, the phone says "press 1 to accept call“. All I want to use Google Voice for is the voicemail and thats it. I've tried uninstalling then installing again so i could re-configuring the settings but im not getting anywhere :/ If anyone knows how to fix what i did and how to use it for voicemail only, please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my Optimus S CM7

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Go to Menu -> Setting -> Calls -> Voicemail service now change it from Sprint to Google Voice
also under Menu -> Setting -> Calls -> Voicemail settings -> Voicemail Number. A message will pop up click the link that the message provides you (It is a phone number). After you dial that number google voice will hang up on you within 2 seconds. That should do it and now google voice is set up on your phone.

As for receiving text, (I personally dont like receiving text since the Google Voice notification is more than enough for me) you can go to www.google.com/voice on the upper right corner you will see the settings icon, click on it and go down to "voice settings" -> "Voicemail & Text" you will then uncheck "Send a text SMS". Also for the "press 1 to accept calls" go to the "Calls" tab and turn off the Call Screnning, dont leave it on if you dont like it.

hope this is what your looking for.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When you first install the app and open it, it will ask you to integrate your number with google...if you look on the very first screen you might have to scroll down a tiny bit to see the "skip." Skip the first part and then it will ask you do you want it as voicemail too, then accept that and you will have what you are asking for :)

(I know this because I had this same freakin' problem...)

LoyolaGrad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
When you first install the app and open it, it will ask you to integrate your number with google...if you look on the very first screen you might have to scroll down a tiny bit to see the "skip." Skip the first part and then it will ask you do you want it as voicemail too, then accept that and you will have what you are asking for :)

(I know this because I had this same freakin' problem...)

Do this, but also go to google.com/voice, then go to the wheel in the upper right corner, click on voice settings, then hit Disable next to the sprint icon. This will set things back to the way they were on Sprint's end. Then uninstall and reinstall the voicemail app, and like the person I quoted said, on the very first screen, scroll down and hit skip. Then do everything else it says to do to set up just the voicemail. Then Profit!

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually love having full sprint/Voice enabled. I like that, when texting friends, if I'm near a computer I can hop on voice.google.com and continue the txt conversations, multithreaded, on a full size keyboard.

Here's what I did to make it work well on my phone:
  • In the app, hit Settings, and disable notifications.
  • At voice.google.com, click on the gear, click settings, then click "edit" next to your phone and select "forward text messages to this phone". This will make txts go to your normal txt program now.
  • While still on the website, click "voicemail and text", and check the box next to your phone for "when I have voicemail, send a text to [your phone number]".
Now, txts go to GoSMS. When I get a voicemail, the transcript and notification are txted to me, prompting me to open the Voice app to listen to the voicemail. If I want to continue with txt convos, I can do it online, (Best thing? all your txts are always saved! no need to back them up....Google never deletes anything, and they are stored on Google's side, so they always return after a phone wipe).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87