goodguy44833

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried this to fix my phone using the KP500and Lg udate utility from emergency mode and I I keep getting Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error while the LG Mobile Phone Software Update after it runs through the entire program. Can any of you help me with this issue. My phone will only boot to the LG screen then goes to a blank back lighting screen. Thanks to all of you for making this stuff possible.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
There's 2 no-no's with this phone and either one will cause a brick. Don't use Rom manager, and don't use factory reset from the Privacy menu.

You got a few similar answers in your other post (on the same problem) so I'll just say
read thru this thread and find out what worked for others who had the same problem.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...vacy-after-custom-recovery-brick-warning.html

There's also a lot of info about this in other threads. Use the Advanced search tool to find em, (search is to the left of where it says "log out" at the top of the screen). Other people have recovered from this so there's no reason you can't, but you should plan on spending some time with it and be prepared to do plenty of reading if necessary.