How exactly do we switch our phones under the Sprint website?

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to switch to my old Optimus S from my E4GT (just had it robbed gunpoint), yet it seems the Sprint website won't let me reactivate my 2 year old Optimus S without me upgrading my plan. Does this sound about right or am I doing this wrong?

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

gphunkplp

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
the problem you will have is if your not on a data plan if you are then there shouldn't be any issues i activated three different phones in a month with no issues

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

gphunkplp

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
the problem you will have is if your not on a data plan if you are then there shouldn't be any issues i activated three different phones in a month with no issues

oh i forgot you still need to call them to complete the process

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this should totally be possible. And don't let some rookie idiot jack you for an activation fee, you've already been senslessly robbed once.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this should totally be possible. And don't let some rookie idiot jack you for an activation fee, you've already been senslessly robbed once.

Use the automated phone activation. After you dial *2, press 4, then 1, then 1. That'll take you into the phone activation system. No upgrado plano.

chosenhobo

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
you had your phone robbed at gunpoint and you didnt think to report it stolen? -.-
Well seeing as to how it got stolen in NorCal while I live in SoCal there isn't much more I can do other than let the police and Sprint know, which I had already done. Without an insurance plan I can't really ask of anything from Sprint and I doubt the police are going to waste their time tracking down this lone stolen phone.
So I don't really seem to have many options, do I?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Dude call customer service and go to a store with the police report and pay the insurance for a new phone and if its till a five have them track that pos down and have them arrested

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No insurance then sorry no there is no specific clause in any carrier contract for that they pass it off the the third party contracted insurance which handles it on springs behalf so idk but if your lucky you can get the police report and get a new phone @contract price other wise your up a creek without a paddle and if you didn't go to the cops [mod edit: removed] they need proof I don't take people for face value @ my window and I work fast food receipts and paper work is everythingINSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You may not agree with their actions, but insulting other members is not something we tolerate, just for the record.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't mean to come off as a raving jerk but paper work is e erything think of it realistically your running a cellphone shop you gotta make $$ someone has an older phone they want reactivated but the newer one got stolen with no paperwork no insurance and they want to keep that plan That your on (understandible from the customers point of view) far as I know you sold it and are out of the return so idk maybe you want this one activated it till you can get a new one i I'm not a trusting person unless you can prove authenticity I'm gonna do what needs to be done for the bottom line I don't mean to revictimize you but you get what I'm saying rite? Paperwork is everything and you can have sprint track the person responcipal and have them arrested I'm sorry it happened to you but on one hand I can be a complete douche and say screw you this is how it works deal with it but if you have paperwork they can't do a dang thing as such

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress