back button to end call?

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i don't know if it is just me, or if there's a plethora of people like me, but i constantly hit the back button to try to end a phone call, and all it does is return to my home screen but stay on the call (which is exactly what its supposed to do). this causes me to leave 5-minute voicemails of whatever i might be doing/talking about to people all the time. i found the option to hang up with the power button, but what im asking is if there is a way to set the back button to end calls, as opposed to going to the home screen and staying on the call

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Why not just hit "End Call" on your screen??

obviously i could do that, i just hate the way the end call button is dead center in the screen, and i also like using hard buttons better than a touch screen. ive been trained by all my other phones to go to the right side below the screen, so i just hit the back button out of habit.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
obviously i could do that, i just hate the way the end call button is dead center in the screen, and i also like using hard buttons better than a touch screen. ive been trained by all my other phones to go to the right side below the screen, so i just hit the back button out of habit.

LOL I do this and then say some sort of comment like "wow what a dumbass.." only to find that the call is still connected. I'll try to see if I can make a key mapping for you that makes end call a long press for back.

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
LOL I do this and then say some sort of comment like "wow what a dumbass.." only to find that the call is still connected. I'll try to see if I can make a key mapping for you that makes end call a long press for back.

haha thanks, i knew i wasnt the only one! and that'd really be helpful, i could definitely remember to long press back to hang up

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Simply remapping won't work because then you'd lose the back button functionality. Needs to be done as a secondary function or a long press.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

gvc

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
How to Remap your Voice Search button to Call

you can remap the voice button short press because it isnt used. you can remap it to any command u want including "end call" according to this post:

"By remapping the voice button to call it allows you to answer calls by clicking a button instead of swiping. Because the short press on the voice button isn't used, this makes it the obvious choice for the Call button. nfd77 posted a link to an App that will do this, but I'll show you how to do it without the app. Please make a backup before attempting anything below...."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk