Can't hang up on spam call - Samsung A34

SamsungLucy24

Nov 9, 2023
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I received a spam call last week (I only realised the moment I picked up the phone) as I didn't pay close attention to the number. However, I wanted to end the call right after but I couldn't. The red "button" didn't work. So I tried to restart my phone - for this, I had to unlock my screen and then it restarted. So after I pressed the turn off/turn on button, I had to enter my pin in order to unlock my screen and then my phone restarted. But it took forever. I thought maybe my phone just had a little glitch.

Yesterday, I received another spam call - this time it looked like a more decent number. Just to see if my phone had a glitch the first time, I picked up the phone and the same thing happened again - I couldn't hang up. Only that this time, after I had to unlock my screen for the phone to be restarted, it brought me back to my main screen and the call must have ended. Both times it shows me that I blocked or ignored the calls - although I accepted them. I changed my pin/lock screen after the call yesterday since I never have to unlock my screen in order to restart my phone.

So I am very confused now as to what this could be? For the first call it was also difficult to pick up the phone. Yesterday, I could easily accept. (for "normal" calls I can accept and hang up as well, no problem)

I downloaded a few antivirus apps but none of them find anything. Also, I never heard a voice on the other end and I didn't say anything either.

What could this be and how can I avoid/remove it?

Thank you all,
Lucy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible that some 3rd party app you installed is causing the issue. Do you have any 3rd party spam blocker apps like TrueCaller installed? If so, try installing it.

You can also test by booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you know it's due to something you installed. If it persists in Safe Mode, then it may be a system glitch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos