No Google Contact Groups in Phone

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Why does Google PC let me assign contacts to goups but once they?re synced to my Optimus, there are no groups, just one giant bucket of names? If the groups don?t transfer, what?s the point of having them in the first place?

I?ve created folders with contact shortcuts on the Optimus just to mimic group assignments I already have on my PC, but that requires a lot of babysitting. I feel like I?m missing something obvious...

troyernet

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You can filter what is shown in your contact list by groups, but that may not be what you are wanting. Choose display options from the contacts menu, and you can choose which folders to display by pressing the arrow next your email address.

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, so freaking close. Thanks for the tip, never tried that little arrow before. But what I need is to make shortcuts for my subgroups so they can be summoned up right off the desktop. Otherwise I have to futz around in Display Options every time I want to see one subroup. At least I don’t need to keep everyone in My Contacts anymore.