Problem with sounds

matt530

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Recently the sound on my Optimus S has started acting up. Calls, e-mails, and text messages still make sound,. But media and screen selections make no sound. Also, if I'm making a phone call, I cannot hear the other person, unless I turn the speakerphone on. I've tried turning the phone on & off, doing a factory reset, and I checked to make sure that the media volume is up and that the phone is set to play a sound when screen selections are made, but nothing has worked. Anyone have any suggestions before I take my phone in to be serviced? I've only had this phone a little over a month

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Try installing Volume Control from the market and see if the volumes are all where they should be.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

loudawg11

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sound's like the headset jack is stuck. My son's optimus had the same problem. He was using headphones for his music and one day he remove the headphone jack and that started the no sound. He could only make and receive call with the speakerphone option. Sprint did replace it for free. My palm treo's were bad for this. I have 4 of these LG's on my account, so I hope this won?t be a common issue.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hrm, the kind of flakiness you describe there sounds hardware related to me. I would suggest bringing it back for a warranty replacement.

matt530

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
seems to be working pretty consistently now, I think there might have just been dust & metal shavings in it (I'm a metal fabricator). I blew it out with some compressed air, seems to be working fine now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer