Question How do I get notification sounds through Bluetooth?

Ruse4534

Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
When my phone is connected to a Bluetooth device, it plays media at normal volumes, but the notification sounds are so quiet I usually can't hear them. I know that there was a notification because the phone will pause whatever was playing for a second or so. I want to actually hear the notification sound so that I know who is messaging without looking at the phone (this is especially an issue while driving). The phone doesn't play the notification sound. The Bluetooth device plays the notification sound, which is what I want, but it's so quiet that I usually can't hear it even though the music gets paused.

It's been this way as long as I can remember, through Samsung and Pixel phones and many generations of Android OS. It's extremely consistent, and I hate it!

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I want to actually hear the notification sound so that I know who is messaging without looking at the phone (this is especially an issue while driving). The phone doesn't play the notification sound. The Bluetooth device plays the notification sound, which is what I want, but it's so quiet that I usually can't hear it even though the music gets paused.
I believe the following Macrodroid macro will do what you want.
1694358259652.png

When a notification is received, and if you have a Bluetooth device connected, it will instantly change the Notification stream volume to 100%. After waiting 1 second (or however long you think is needed) it will revert Notification volume back to what it was. There are other options available to further refine the macro, which will become obvious when you set it.

Reactions: B. Diddy