Metro PCS F3/Motochopper issue

OKH

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I tried to root my F3 using Motochopper and it appeared to have gone well. I have the SU app (# icon) in my drawer however I get an error message "The superuser binary (su) must be updated" I'm offered two update options, neither of which work. I try to reinstall and get:

2335 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.536s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
2819 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.031s)
2695 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.676s)
2716 KB/s (969701 bytes in 0.348s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.

The phone is unlocked, fwiw. I'm new to Android and am dead out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Sorry no one can think of an answer. There's the #android chat room on irc on Freenode, though forums are generally better. Have you tried the XDA developers forums?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried to root my F3 using Motochopper and it appeared to have gone well. I have the SU app (# icon) in my drawer however I get an error message "The superuser binary (su) must be updated" I'm offered two update options, neither of which work. I try to reinstall and get:

The phone is unlocked, fwiw. I'm new to Android and am dead out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

When given the option to update. One tells you to update with TWRP/CWM. You need to have root access turned on in developer options within your settings. Set it to apps and adb.
Then it will reboot into recovery and update from there :)

Posted via Android Central App