I need help with storage issues on my LG Optimus

Debbiesue49

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new and I am not in any way very computer or android literate so I need very easy language. Sorry, my old brain and some medical issues do not make it easy for me to retain or understand complex details.

I moved all of my apps that were able to be moved to my sd card. I was just trying to update an app and was told I didn't have enough space. It shows my internal drive is almost full from the apps. I don't understand why.

Also, I use clean sweep daily to removed junk, cached info etc. I'm not sure what data is ok to remove or not???

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us exactly which Optimus you have? A lot of entry-level phones have fairly low Internal Storage available to the user (often 1 GB or less, which isn't much these days), and this is where apps get installed. Moving apps to the external SD card often doesn't free up that much space, since part of the app still needs to remain in Internal Storage to function properly.

See this guide for more info and tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Debbiesue49

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
When I look up the phone it says LG Optimus F3 (MS659), the internal storage is 1.27 GB.
It shows that 1.26 GB of my space is taken by apps, a lot of which I never use, they of course came pre-installed on the phone - all of the google apps, books, music etc. I'm just not sure what is ok to disable. Also, my husband was told by the rep at Metro that it was ok to clear the data (not just the cache) from the apps, I'm not sure if that is ok to do or not? I'm mostly worried of course about my photos.

Thank you for the link, I'll take a look and see if I can glean some information from it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can clear the data from apps you never use, and you can Disable pretty much all of the Google Play apps (except for Google Play Services), but that won't free up much more storage for you. Disabling an app doesn't remove it, so that storage is still taken up. The only way to remove preinstalled apps is by rooting your device.

The unfortunate reality is that devices that come with a small amount of internal storage can never have many apps installed.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Natalie R

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I was recently having the same issues with my cell phone as well. I recently found out that there is an issue going on with the Acore processor that will send out a message saying that" your Android.Processor.Acore recently stopped". Then it was also giving me messages "Your storage is full" When in reality they was not.
I investigated into this and found out that this is an issue that effects the operating system. It can effect your syncing all of your apps and will eventually begin to give you issues with your contacts not working and messages not working also.It can also effect your phone from reloading/ downloading apps, and can also effect your phone settings for example like the ringers, sounds.
In order to stop this issue according to the makers of the phone, you need to do the following:
Make sure that your contacts and internal storage is saved onto your computer or a back up system >Go to Settings > Applications> Manage Applications> All (which is the button on top that lets you see all applications), > Scroll down to Contacts Storage, > click on Clear Data.
If you have any other questions you can contact LG the makers of the cell phone at 1-800-243-0000
Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty