google chrome problem

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it's just coincidence, but I installed go sms pro, didn't like the ads so I uninstalled it. Now I get a white screen for chrome? It's not working at all?

Posted via the Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing cache and/or data from Chrome? (From the Application Manager in your Settings)

Yes that worked. Thanks So much! I'm not used to chrome.

Another issue: do you have any idea why I'm seeing 4g on when im on wifi in my house? I have a great wifi signal and I'm not sending mms

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First let's see if your WiFi is really working. Set the phone to Plane Mode. Now turn on WiFi only. Do you have Internet connection then? Do you still see the 4G icon? If not, then turn off Plane mode. Is 4G still on? If it is, then there might be a setting in your phone for mixing data modes. I know that that feature is present in newer Samsung phones to help boost downloads, but not sure if it's there (or where) on the V10. If it is, it should be somewhere either in the Advanced WiFi settings or near the WiFi settings.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe as long as you have the mobile radio on it will show you signal strength, it doesn't mean it's using cell data/mobile data for what you are doing. Phone prioritizes wifi of mobile so as long as you have a wifi connection it'll use that. You could turn off mobile data and see what happens

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
But if she's seeing the 4G legend (not only the mobile signal strength) that means the phone is actively using mobile data. Again, not sure if the V10 has the option you mention of prioritizing wifi VS mobile, but I believe no phone does that without letting you deactivate it (that would just be a nightmare of unsuspecting overages should it fail or if it doesn't notify you when it switches networks).

Also not sure if it has a mobile data switch. I haven't seen that one in newer phones, but again, I haven't tried the V10.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
First let's see if your WiFi is really working. Set the phone to Plane Mode. Now turn on WiFi only. Do you have Internet connection then? Do you still see the 4G icon? If not, then turn off Plane mode. Is 4G still on? If it is, then there might be a setting in your phone for mixing data modes. I know that that feature is present in newer Samsung phones to help boost downloads, but not sure if it's there (or where) on the V10. If it is, it should be sAdvanced WiFi settings or near the WiFi settings.

Thanks! so here is what I'm noticing. I'm seeing 4G on shortly after I get home. Wifi picks up right away but 4g flickers for about 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem with my data consumption. I sure hope not. After the initial few minutes I'm only seeing wifi.