How To Theme?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from and HTC M8 on Sprint to the V10 on AT&T. On the HTC's there was an app to theme them with backgrounds, fonts, icon packs, etc. I know that LG's can be themed but do not see any apps on the device or on the Play Store.

Son the question is how do you theme LG devices?

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

Lewis Zephyr

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
In several of the reviews I saw, they showed the ability to do themes as well as download theme packs from the LG store.
It appears this is not in the US versions of the phone. No LG store, much less any theme tool to import themes with.
I presently use NovaLauncher Pro for any environment changes I want.

Good luck to ya.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was able to access LG World on my phone for the first time yesterday. Downloaded a couple of keyboard themes and general themes. I have to say that I thought the offerings were kind of Meh....not very exciting. On TMo with a TMo V10. Hearing varying reports from phones on other carriers, primarily Verizon....what a surprise.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Wasn't impressed with the selection of themes but I did notice that everything on LG World was free....are there paid themes available somewhere else?

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the mistake....it is not LG World. It is an app that is in my app drawer and it's named SmartWorld.

Still a little confused. Is smart World a pre installed app? I'm on AT&T. I don't see it. Is it something I can get from the play store?

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Still a little confused. Is smart World a pre installed app? I'm on AT&T. I don't see it. Is it something I can get from the play store?

I'm not sure....I'm on TMo. Here is another way to get to themes on my phone.

Settings > Home screen > Theme > Download

Initially that took me to SmartWorld too.....though it was a little flaky, the message I got was the site was down for maintenance. Though going through this route may have installed the app......I'm not sure.

I don't see it in Google Play.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

On t-mobile it's pre installed. Not sure about AT&T, and I think VZW removed it.

The themes are OK not great, but I use them. Not going to give you customization like Nova, but I couldn't ever get app badges to work in Nova so I switched back to LG themes.

Posted via the Android Central App with an awesome V10

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
On t-mobile it's pre installed. Not sure about AT&T, and I think VZW removed it.

The themes are OK not great, but I use them. Not going to give you customization like Nova, but I couldn't ever get app badges to work in Nova so I switched back to LG themes.

Posted via the Android Central App with an awesome V10

I'm AT&T and I don't have all that. Don't have a theme option. Wish I did.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm AT&T and I don't have all that. Don't have a theme option. Wish I did.

Yep same here being in AT&T no options to Theme or the Smartworld app. I can understand carriers removing some vendor stuff. But theming options? This makes no sense at all especially when they don't do it with all vendors like HTC or Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App with my two thumbs.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The LG themes are amazing. All free and there are hundreds. I use the themes to change icons that I like and I use my own wallpaper. I also use the LG store to change my font.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
O.k. I downloaded the app. Downloaded the theme. Now what? Can't find away too install lib the screen. Weird. AT&T customer.

I am trying to figure that out myself. I got as far as downloading it but dies not seem to be a way to apply the theme. Contacted AT&T support and they were no help.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to figure that out myself. I got as far as downloading it but dies not seem to be a way to apply the theme. Contacted AT&T support and they were no help.

I have a TMo V10 and to apply a theme on my phone it is Settings > Home screen > Theme (Under the Screen heading)

Once you tap the theme box, your downloaded themes should be there and you tap to apply. If it is not there, I suspect AT&T decided it's theme was so beautiful that you shouldn't mess with it! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa