How do you fit it in your pocket?

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm on a 2013 Moto x. I am considering this phone but it feels so huge in comparison and I can't imagine how it will fit in my pocket. Even the G4 seems too large. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, maybe I should qualify that with "comfortably." The V10 is also larger than the G4 and the 6P, though not by much.

Lewis Zephyr

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Fits fine in my pocket both slacks and jeans. FYI, I do not wear skinny jeans. I like loose fitting clothing.
Also note, pulling it out of your pocket while sitting can be a little difficult, but I find that to be true of anything in the front pockets.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I do find myself putting it in my back pocket more....never really did that before this phone. It fits in my front pocket fine, but I find the back more comfortable. With the strength of stainless steel, I'm not particularly worried about any breaking/bending. This is my first phablet.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Putting it in my pocket is a breeze. It fits quite well and the curved over back edges help it not stick it out like a brick.

The only pocket issue i'm having is getting the da**ed thing out of my pocket in the car. Guess I'll have to condition myself to remove my phone before sitting in it.

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I do find myself putting it in my back pocket more....never really did that before this phone. It fits in my front pocket fine, but I find the back more comfortable. With the strength of stainless steel, I'm not particularly worried about any breaking/bending. This is my first phablet.

Years ago I developed a pain in my thigh while driving that was traced to sitting on a large wallet in my right side back pocket. So I would definitely not be sitting on it, in any case. I've also minimized my wallet contents. Obviously, the cell phone size explosion is being privately funded by orthopedics and chiropractors who are going to get rich on our desire to carry large phones.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Years ago I developed a pain in my thigh while driving that was traced to sitting on a large wallet in my right side back pocket. So I would definitely not be sitting on it, in any case. I've also minimized my wallet contents. Obviously, the cell phone size explosion is being privately funded by orthopedics and chiropractors who are going to get rich on our desire to carry large phones.

I could see the potential for issues there. A wallet can be pretty thick though...maybe close to an inch, but a phone is only maybe only 8 or 9mm. This is quite a large phone, but not in terms of thickness.....not compared to a wallet. Also, if it's on the opposite side as your wallet, it may help offset what the wallet is doing to your sitting posture. Of course, this is all guess and assumption, there's no research (that I'm aware of) to back up my theory. Your point is noted though, and a valid concern.

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't keep anything in my back pockets anymore when I'm driving. But the phone, being more solid and much larger than a wallet, would have the potential be a problem in the same way, thickness notwithstanding. I still get minor twinges of the pain now, and I had this wallet issue 20 years ago...this isn't much different than a carpal tunnel type problem.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I use a holster on my belt. Maybe because I spent so long in the military carrying gear on the belt. I know some don't think that is cool but I have never tried for that appellation.

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I use a holster on my belt. Maybe because I spent so long in the military carrying gear on the belt. I know some don't think that is cool but I have never tried for that appellation.

Actually, a holster makes the most sense for a phone this large, though I don't know if I'd want the thing so visible when walking around, riding on public transportation, etc.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
It's so nice not to worry about the phone all the time. Sitting on it, heck even standing on it one-footet, no problem at all (Flex2)

Guess it's the same with the V10.

Posted via my LG Flex 2

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have use both my front and back pockets but always take it out before sitting. As for driving, I use a cradle in my car for all my phones.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have use both my front and back pockets but always take it out before sitting. As for driving, I use a cradle in my car for all my phones.

Do you happen to use one of those magnetic cradles? I'm intrigued by them, but can't help but feel that strong magnets might not play nice with expensive electronics.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you happen to use one of those magnetic cradles? I'm intrigued by them, but can't help but feel that strong magnets might not play nice with expensive electronics.

Nope. I have used cradles from ProClipUsa.com for years. They are a little on the spendy side, but you can get a universal that is adjustable that will work with most phones. For the first few years I used a device specific cradle then got smart and went with the adjustable. It really is a cool 2 part system. Part 1) Purchase vehicle mount. Part 2) Purchase Device specific or universal cradle.

MannyB

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It fits in my pocket just fine. I had first Samsung Galaxy Note with a case a few years back and I put that in my pocket as well while walking and while riding my bicycle, though I might make a small adjustment in position when riding my bike, but never had a problem with that and don't see it being a problem with this one.

Jimmy Jaymes

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
It fits okay in my pocket, but the edges make it easy to slide out. If you have a rubber case, that might be a different story. If it is a tight fit, at least you don't have to worry about it bending.