LG V10 Crack Glass after 14 days. Anyone else?

Shawn Therrien

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I've had a v10 about 4mo.

Bluetooth audio doesn't work (lg headset) with any quality from my pocket or while charging

2 cracks:
1. Got a hairline crack like a dogear in the first week. I dropped it a few times and lightly sit on it in my back pocket (like on a desk chair or car seat, no
2. Yesterday I got a second really long/windy hairline crack.

I have a screen protector, but not a case. Why would you buy a bulky case for a huge phone that is rated for 6 foot drops onto concrete? I never drop my phone like that.

The cracks are under my protector, so they only a slight visual eyesore. You don't even see them unless the screen is all one color and the right angle.

I don't treat my phone like a precious darling, but I'm not abusive. I've had: ipad 1, ipad 3, iphone (the first one), iphone 3s, iphone 4s, iphone 5s, iphone 6 plus, samsung infuse, nexus 7. ALL of these have been treated like a tool. With respect, but not with kid gloves. drops from use (so about 3-4ft) onto hardwood, carpet or dirt/grass. Even a few 4-5 drops that were "oh crap!!!" moments onto assphalt or pavement.

ipad 3 took a corner hit on concrete from 4 feet (dog knocked it off) and that gave it a solid finger slicing crack.
I've had a few nicks or scuffs on the glass and it sucks, but it's the price you pay for not hiding your hd crystal clear display with vivid colors under discoloured, blurry gross glass stickers.

This current cover is the only I've had (black glass?) that doesn't ruin my phone using experience. Ironically, it's also the protector on duty when I got two cracks.

I'm really regreatting not getting the galaxy. My wife (lifelong iphone user) just got the Galaxy Edge 7 and the bluetooth is awesome. No screen cover and she's about 80% as rough with her phone as I am and the thing is pristine despite some tough falls.

I wish I could run android on the iphone six plus. I long for that hardware, but I can't stand IOS and all their petty restrictions/limitations.

I'm going to contact LG about the fact that the bluetooth audio doesn't work and the military grade phone can't seem to take the same use as any other phone I've had.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You sit on your phone and you drop it....now it's cracked, sounds about right.
As far as the Bluetooth issues, maybe that as well is from sitting on it and dropping it?
Good luck trying to convince LG there is something wrong with the phone.

bobbylayne

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I've actually had two very different experiences with two different V10 phones, and I believe the "cracked way too easily" comments on here. My first V10 I loved. Dropped it probably half a dozen times on various surfaces, some of them hard hits on hard wood floors. No cracks and the phone worked like a charm for about 8 months. One day it just locked up in the middle of a game. Could not get any response out of the phone or even power it off. Removed battery, tried to get it to boot back up, and no matter what I could not get it back to a functional state. It would either freeze on boot up or it would boot up and then immediately reboot itself. Took it to AT&T repair place. Guy did a factory reset and still would not work. Received replacement LG-V10... new, I think, although may have been factory recertified or whatever. I think I've dropped this once, a two-foot dropped onto carpeted floor. Didn't think twice about it. Then days later I noticed a hairline crack running almost the vertical length of the screen!

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've sat on mine, dropped it onto concrete, threw it across the room and hit it with a hammer.....weird, I noticed several cracks recently and for my life can't figure out why.........

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've sat on mine, dropped it onto concrete, threw it across the room and hit it with a hammer.....weird, I noticed several cracks recently and for my life can't figure out why.........

LOLOL

And I always crash into cars when I go through red lights .... the damn car!

And I get hungry when I don't eat ... damn stomach.

And I get bruised when I bang into things ... damn things!

greenespace

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
These screens are cracking like crazy with virtually no dropping or external damage to them whatsoever. This thread isn't about abusing them and expecting some fix, its about screens cracking for no reason. This phone has been a disaster and a class-action suit needs to be filed.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually you're wrong; the second sentence of the original post goes like this: Yes, I dropped it several times but none were more than waist level.
My response(s) are to those that "abuse" their phone and can't understand why it gets damaged.
We are a "it's not my fault society anymore". Other than "ruggedized phones" none of these were meant to be dropped. The manufacturers do their best to build in precautions to prevent damage from abuse (drops) but again, they are not meant to be dropped.

These screens are cracking like crazy with virtually no dropping or external damage to them whatsoever. This thread isn't about abusing them and expecting some fix, its about screens cracking for no reason. This phone has been a disaster and a class-action suit needs to be filed.

Kirby Go

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The simple fact is it's still glass and prone to cracking, scratches or shattering just like anything else with glass.

I get that but that doesnt mean they have to bs about the drop resistance of the phone, after all there are phones that are harder to crack but have the same type of glass as the v10

Marion Catlin

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
mine has also cracked, a hairline across the screen from upper left to middle right. I thought it was a hair stuck to the screen but no such luck. i was not aware of dropping it. No case but i hadn't been able to buy one easily, the one I did buy i sent back as it was abad fit. i have had the phone since August. Sometimes it gets very hot. the plastic bottom of the case has cracked too and is getting worse. I thought it must be me but now I am starting to wonder. I am actually quite careful

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Had mine for not even a day back in September and I had a hairline crack never dropped it but I did complain to T-Mobile about the false advertising of the phone military grade protection no damage was on the phone besides the crack after 2hrs they issued me another v10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo