Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or V10

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I had the g4 on release day but had a Antena issue and returned it. Loved just about everything else about it though.

Went with the Active and it was a fantastic phone too... But my oldest son wanted it and he got that one.

I then got the Note 5 and while it's a fantastic phone too.. my lovely wife now wants it to replace her aging htc m7.

Which brings me to just how good is the v10?

I'm not concerned too much about loosing the spen, while it is very important to some like my wife, I'm just more interested in the sound and the camera along with the screen..

I know some here have come from the Note 5.. How does the v10 really compare?

My biggest gripe with the Note 5 is it is slicker than snot without a case or something on it and I am always leery of dropping the darn thing, couple this with having to use a external USB drive is a real inconvenience, but I have managed to use it.

Are those who have come from the Note 5 happy with the performance of the camera over the note. Is the DACS as good as the reviews on it? Is the screen just as bright in the sunlight?

Thanks all

Mac

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

RDI

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I called AT&T 800 # and was able to purchase the LG V10 for $199.99 with no 2 year contract. Because I was a good, long time customer. I have no regrets. I was upgrading from a Note 2. I put it in an OBLIQ Flex Pro Thin Slim Fit Case from Amazon ($ 9.99). Less bulky then my old phone but still protected.

tonyron227

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I came from the Note 5 and I still miss the S Pen. I used it for note taking onto the blank screen. On the otherhand, the V10 is fantastic. The screen automatically adjust the brightness according to how much light is available. It bright sunlight, it goes a full 100% bright and looks great, then goes back to a lower setting when you move into the shade. I also took advantage of the free battery and sd card bundle. Go for it! You may never go back to Touchwiz..by the way..the camera performance is just as good as the Note 5....

Last edited:

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I had the Note 5 and now have the S6 Edge + as well as the V10. The problems I have with the V10 are the same ones I have had with every LG phone. The signal is consistently several db behind the Samsung and other phones I have had and wifi is very inconsistent -- sometimes getting great speed and then immediately becoming very slow. Bluetooth connections can also fluctuate. I think the camera on the V10 is better than the Samsung cameras. The sound is decent too and it feels better in my hand than the Samsungs. The fingerprint readers on the Samsungs are much better and easier to use. The other issue I have had with all LG phones (including the V10) is that they develop issues over time and need a factory reset to straighten everything out, which is very frustrating. Battery life on the V10 has been much better than the Samsungs -- that is my biggest problem with the Note 5 and Edge +. I really would like to pick one over the other and stick with it, but it is hard with the issues they each have.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 5, and returned it this weekend for the V10. I wanted the V10 all along, but I knew I'd always wonder "what if" if I didn't at least try the Note 5.

I had a bad experience with it, in that it wouldn't charge or boot up when I received it. The Verizon store got it to start up, and it worked for a day before it died again. It was then that I swapped.

During my 1 day with the Note 5, I loved the way it felt in the hand. It didn't feel as slippery to me as the iPhone 6/6 Plus. The screen was great, but way too dim for my liking on auto brightness. I won't say it lagged, but it did stutter at times. Nothing that would bother me though. It's a really nice looking phone, and I like to use the s-pen for screen writing, capturing pics and shopping lists. But in the end, it was a bad initial impression that turned me away from the Note 5. I loved my Note 3 and 4, and was disappointed in how this phone was DOA.

I do love this V10 however. It feels great in the hand, and solid like a rock! The camera is awesome, way better then my iPhone 6s Plus. I'm one of the few that like LG's skin, but I didn't mind TouchWiz either.

So to answer your question... I took a lot of pics in my one day with the Note 5, and it preformed flawlessly and the pics looked great (all in auto mode). But the V10 take better, cleaner pics of what I take pics of. The screen is plenty bright and have no issues seeing it when out walking.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I came home with the v10 from the AT&T store. My wife now has my Note 5 and she is really happy.

So far I'm really liking the v10. The camera is excellent on it and I have to get all my Music back on it.

We'll see how it holds up.

Thanks all

Posted via the Android Central App