64 GB SD card or 128 GB card?

JatinAShah

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey all, this is my first post as a member here. I just bought a LG V10 and wow! what a fascinating phone. I absolutely love it!! I've never been too interested in learning how to use my phone to the fullest capacity, but I feel like I have to. I have a Nexus 7 tablet and I might be putting that on the market soon.

Anyway, my question now is whether any one has had issues using a 128 GB card. I saw some posts here and other places where the 128 GB cards weren't all working well in phones. Has that been the experience with this phone?

Any battery issues after install?

I plan on buying directly from Amazon.com and not from a 3rd party retailer on Amazon to cut down on any quality questions. Thanks all!

J

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with any size micro SD card as long as you're getting the genuine article. I love amazon, but buy from them directly. I've got a 128 gb in my v10 now and there are no issues what so ever. No additional power drain. It's a Sandisk class 10.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Samsung cards only. I have a 128GB card presently, and I've never had a problem with it. One of the things some people forget to do when removing the card from their phones is to unmount it first. That can cause huge problems and losss of data.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, this is my first post as a member here. I just bought a LG V10 and wow! what a fascinating phone. I absolutely love it!! I've never been too interested in learning how to use my phone to the fullest capacity, but I feel like I have to. I have a Nexus 7 tablet and I might be putting that on the market soon.

Anyway, my question now is whether any one has had issues using a 128 GB card. I saw some posts here and other places where the 128 GB cards weren't all working well in phones. Has that been the experience with this phone?

Any battery issues after install?

I plan on buying directly from Amazon.com and not from a 3rd party retailer on Amazon to cut down on any quality questions. Thanks all!

J

No issues at all

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Although this thread is getting a little old, but if you haven't purchased yet, any size (volume) card should work just fine.

There shouldn't be any noticeable drain on battery between any size or speed card.

Therefore, I would go big ... and go with the highest 'write speed' you can find.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
With 64gb internal memory, a 64gb sd card is already enough for me...though i presume the phone should handle a 128gb or more without any problem(s)

drifterecks

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased the PNY 128 gb micro sd. it worked for a little bit. moved over two apps then stopped working. any suggestions? any one else have problems with PNY?:-X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87