V10 on sale in April?

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking to upgrade my phone. I am on Verizon, and I am eligible for new equipment this week. I have been looking at the V10 and the G4. Not at all interested in the G5. I currently have the G3, and I love the buttons on the back (hence my reason for wanting the G4 or V10).

Currently Verizon has the G4 for $100 subsidized cost, and the "special price" ends this month. The V10 is around $300, and not on sale.

Does anyone think that the V10 will go on sale in April? Just thinking that since the G5 is the "new hot phone" (not in my opinion mind you) that they might discount the V10.

I am really liking what I see on the V10, but if it doesn't go on sale, I might have to settle for the G4. I am not keen on getting a phone that's a year old already, but the budget just don't allow the higher cost.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So you are looking to purchase with 2 year contract?

Have you looked at Best Buy? They have the G4 on Verizon for $1 on 2 year contract and the V10 for $149.99 on 2 year contract.

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to mention that I am on a corporate plan. I pay for my own phone, they pay for my service every month. I can't go to Best Buy because of being on corporate plan, and I have to purchase with a 2 year contract.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to mention that I am on a corporate plan. I pay for my own phone, they pay for my service every month. I can't go to Best Buy because of being on corporate plan, and I have to purchase with a 2 year contract.

It's hard to say if the phone wi go on sale in April. However, since the G5 is due to be released very soon, there is a good possibility that it will see some form of discount once the G5 is released.

Posted via the Android Central App

eurosteve

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought an LG V10 when the price was reduced recently, using the payment plan. The payment plan spreads the retail price over 24 months. Doesn't look like too good a deal until you do the math on the subsidized contract price. If you buy the phone on the payment plan (or at Verizon retail price), the line access charge stays at $20 per month. If you buy it on a contract, at the subsidized price, the line access charge goes up an additional $20 per month (total of $40 per month). At least that's the way it is on my plan - the "Verizon Plan." If you do the math, the additional $20 per month, over 24 months results in additional payments of $480! So, if you get the phone for free you still end up paying $480 over the life of the 24 month contract. If you get the phone for $120, you are paying a total of $600 - just about the retail price. At least if you use the payment plan or buy at retail up front, you are not in any contract. Please let me know you if you think I have this wrong... I checked this a few times with Verizon reps because I couldn't believe it.

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to update this. I had to go into Verizon last night to get "approved" to purchase this phone on my corporate account (I am not a manager on the account). I am planning on upgrading this weekend, wanted to have my ducks in a row so there's no hiccup. I asked the Verizon rep if she knew if the phone was going on sale in April. She was kind enough to look it up, and sadly it's not. The LG G4 is going down to $50 though.

Still torn on what I want to get. I would really like to get the V10, but the $300 out of pocket cost is a tough pill to swallow. However, the G4 is a year old already, so that doesn't sound like a good combo for a 2 year contract.

Just wanted to share with everyone.