How can I fix music player issues in LG V10 after update to Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

Everything was working great until Marshmallow. Now my phone often locks up when I try to play music, necessitating a power cycle as the phone will not even turn off. Have changed the setting to direct it to open the music player when headphones are plugged in and that helps. App is Poweramp but had the same problem with another app so think this is a system issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps​, select PowerAmp, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now try again.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I use Poweramp on my V10 and it never locked up. But I had Marshmallow the first day of having the phone.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Everything was working great until Marshmallow. Now my phone often locks up when I try to play music, necessitating a power cycle as the phone will not even turn off. Have changed the setting to direct it to open the music player when headphones are plugged in and that helps. App is Poweramp but had the same problem with another app so think this is a system issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

What carrier are you on?

speeddial

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I got the same problem, and I have noticed that it appears when I plug my earphones into the phone.
Today I restarted the phone maybe 5 times before it worked, and by restarting I mean taking the battery out because the phone is frozen.
I have already tried the clear cache trick, but it did not help.
Anyone with a good idea?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi-Fi DAC on? Does it do it with another music app like Google Music or even the built in LG music app? Is Power Amp updated? Does Power Amp even support M (probably stupid question but you never know). I've seen others on this forum about Alpha and Beta builds too. Wonder if that has anything to do with that.
I got the same problem, and I have noticed that it appears when I plug my earphones into the phone.

Same as above but particularly interested if DAC is on. If so, try turning it off to see what it does. Your issue is with Power Amp too?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
For those who want to use the HiFi DAC on other music players, are you hearing a slight pause in audio when turning it on and off? The DAC has different gain modes depending on headphones you've plugged it into the phone but if you have a set which has a detachable cord, you can "trick" the V10 into a higher gain 'aux mode' by plugging the cable in first then plugging the other end to your headphones. Usually take advantage of this as my Crossfade LP's and M-100's only have an impedance of 32 and will make the phone stay in normal if I plug the cable in with the cans already plugged from the other side.

Posted on an LG V10

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
PoweRamp die hard and audiophile here... Currently using the Alpha 3 (built 703) full version and all i can say is that, the Hifi dac is super-duper tbh!... Greatest music experience I've had for a long time.

Posted via the Android Central App

speeddial

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
SOLVED!

Hi again

I think I have solved the problem.
I decided to reflash my phone, you can do this in LG Bridge.
And since I did this, I have not had any lockups or freezes.

Best regards

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi again

Ok, I tried to turn on HIFI DAC, but it did not change anything.

With run of the mill low impedance headphones and compressed data you are not going to notice a difference. You're better off running the Snapdragon DAC and conserving battery. Its not until you get into high impedance (and higher end) headphones and lossless high bitrate files and the difference becomes more night and day. My opinion is its the headphone amp circuit that really shines on the V10, more-so than the digital conversion process, since I am only running lossless files converted over from 16bit (redbook CD). The V10 also really excels as a line out analog source feeding other stuff farther down stream. I use it as an AUX source to feed my tube amps and its really REALLY good!!

IMG_2336_zpscd0dd03d.jpg

IMG_2320_zpsb6fe81ca.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames