Anyone have charging port issues?

Fenway1222

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I am on my second LG V10 and each one had a loose charging port. The power cord isvery loose nd even falls out of the phone if not propped up.

ralfyguy

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine is sloppy since day one. But I had no problems the plug falling out of contact issues.
This phone's port is like that on pretty much all of them.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My partial work around is Qi charging, its slow but at least it gives me the option for those times when I don't need the fastest charge.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Does data and quick charge, it only acts as a conduit.
I have used it on a G4, S6 Edge plus and the V10, works great.

Hey I like that... does it send/receive data too, or is it for charging only? Does it quick charge using the 9Volt function?

thanks

Artjunkie1

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes big problems for me. All my cords charge other devices. So I know it is a device issue. I will be needing a wireless port of I continue with this phone. First LG for me. I think it will be the last.

Posted via the Android Central App

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes big problems for me. All my cords charge other devices. So I know it is a device issue. I will be needing a wireless port of I continue with this phone. First LG for me. I think it will be the last.

Call Verizon. I did yesterday and I have another device on the way.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been good but the last couple weeks or has been acting funny sometimes I'll plug in and it will say cashing then never charge the phone. Sometimes I plug in and it charges like a champ. Plug definitely wiggles in the charge port. Anyone have any thoughts, or is this one of those times I need to call Verizon and see what they will do......

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i am on my first V10. i think i got it in february. and i just began having this issue today. i noticed the charging port felt a little loose a while ago but it always charged when plugged in. now i plug it in and nothing happens unless the phone and cable are at the perfect angle. i am going to go to the t-mo store and confirm it's the device not the cable (i only have one cable with me at the moment). assuming it's the device i assume they'll replace it. but thats a drag as i have never found a meaningful way to back the device up to my macs.

perhaps i should consider going wireless but i believe that requires a different back and of course the wireless charging base. :(

snapz5431

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I hate that these are designed to fail. Wireless charge when I can, but also purchased a reversible Micro USB and feels less likely to damage (though it is still pretty loose)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38