Nova Launcher help please!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. For some reason, your picture doesn't show.

2. You should have backed your settings up, just in case.

3. Make the icons smaller, and uncheck the Single-line box in Icon Layout.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's only finicky if you have the wrong settings

Yeah I didn't have any problems with Nova on this phone. I've been using it for years on all of my Android phones and this one isn't any different. The only goofy thing is that I can't get double tap to sleep to work properly. It will put it to sleep but then unlocking with fingerprint doesn't work. I just disabled it and double tap the status bar or hit the button.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I didn't have any problems with Nova on this phone. I've been using it for years on all of my Android phones and this one isn't any different. The only goofy thing is that I can't get double tap to sleep to work properly. It will put it to sleep but then unlocking with fingerprint doesn't work. I just disabled it and double tap the status bar or hit the button.
At the end of that thread there is s solution to the double tap.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Like I said OP, I think you just need to adjust your grid size. Looks like you have it set to 4X4. You want 4x5.

Doesn't work, this is getting so frustrating ugh. I currently have it set to 5 x 6. I have also tried it with Width & Height padding set to both none and small but it still doesn't fix it. This is what I get when I try to move it, it wants to replace first row icons only.

2hqrogo.png

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work, this is getting so frustrating ugh. I currently have it set to 5 x 6. I have also tried it with Width & Height padding set to both none and small but it still doesn't fix it. This is what I get when I try to move it, it wants to replace first row icons only.

View attachment 247951
This is what had to use to get the bottom row usable. Also, install the beta version (instructions in that thread)... you'll need it for the double tap issue anyways.

7817f89d1d4434a7d60241cf4b78fa90.jpg

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
^

Thanks. I will try the Beta version. What exactly is the problem with double tap issue? I have had double tap screen lock set as a gesture for a while now, and never had problem with it.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 247951

Okay, I think I see what you're dealing with now. I have icons on the bottom row where you are wanting to get them. I just moved one and was having trouble trying to get it back to where it was. If you try to put it where you think it should go, it won't go there. You have to put it up at the top of the bottom row. So if you're trying to put something in between your social media folder and your phone icon on your dock, try putting it just barely below your social media folder. Right at that spot where it won't put the app in your social media folder. See if that works.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
At the end of that thread there is s solution to the double tap.

Yeah I read that but I don't like how you have to wake the phone to unlock with fingerprint if you double tap to sleep. I see that if you wait five minutes or whatever, it's fine but it's not worth it to me. One of the things I love about this phone is how you just rest your finger on the scanner from a dead sleep and it unlocks the phone. I might check out beta anyway though.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Okay, I think I see what you're dealing with now. I have icons on the bottom row where you are wanting to get them. I just moved one and was having trouble trying to get it back to where it was. If you try to put it where you think it should go, it won't go there. You have to put it up at the top of the bottom row. So if you're trying to put something in between your social media folder and your phone icon on your dock, try putting it just barely below your social media folder. Right at that spot where it won't put the app in your social media folder. See if that works.

It worked.

Ugh it was that simple? Thank you so much :)

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I read that but I don't like how you have to wake the phone to unlock with fingerprint if you double tap to sleep. I see that if you wait five minutes or whatever, it's fine but it's not worth it to me. One of the things I love about this phone is how you just rest your finger on the scanner from a dead sleep and it unlocks the phone. I might check out beta anyway though.
I set my timeout to 2 minutes, and it's working quite well. I use double tap to lock maybe half the time, and 2 minutes later it's ready to unlock using immediate fps. Anyways, only go through the hassle if you really like the double tap to lock.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I set my timeout to 2 minutes, and it's working quite well. I use double tap to lock maybe half the time, and 2 minutes later it's ready to unlock using immediate fps. Anyways, only go through the hassle if you really like the double tap to lock.

I grabbed the beta just for the heck of it. On all my phones for the past 3 years, I've had double tap set to open recent apps, which I'm able to do with beta. It did not work with the regular Play Store version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa