What kind of Screen on Time are you getting on the V20?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I know this isn't the most reliable way to measure battery life because some people have better connections, use WiFi and BT and such. But just for fun, what are you working with?

I've been tinkering here and there with my phone based on how I want it to work. Today I had 2 hours of SOT with 69% left. I don't know if that will further translate to being 5ish, but the most I've got was 5h30m. Before, I was getting around 4-4h45m.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know this isn't the most reliable way to measure battery life because some people have better connections, use WiFi and BT and such. But just for fun, what are you working with?

I've been tinkering here and there with my phone based on how I want it to work. Today I had 2 hours of SOT with 69% left. I don't know if that will further translate to being 5ish, but the most I've got was 5h30m. Before, I was getting around 4-4h45m.

I usually get 5 to 5h30m. I have Bluetooth on all day connected to a fitbit charge 2. Sprint also upgraded our towers recently so now we great service.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery life seems to be going down hill the last week or so. I was getting 5 hours to 5.5 hours regularly. Now I'm right around 4 to 4.5. I had one day last week where I was really busy with work and had a lot of calls and I got 2.5 hours which I can't deal with. I ultimately sold my V10 because I would only get 3 to 3.5 hours. I don't know why but for what these phones cost I always have it in my head that I need at least 4.5 hours for me to stick with a phone.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I usually get about 3.5 - 4.5 SOT depending on usage. WiFi/Data/Bluetooth/etc...
I usually charge my phone when it hits 20 - 25%

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I average around 10-12 hours total on battery time with about 4.5 hours SOT. Full location, Wifi, BT, yada yada. I don't turn anything off but I keep my screen at 38%.

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
When I had the phone I was getting about 5:45 to 6.5 hours on a regular basis mostly on wifi and mediocre cell signal. Max sot I ever had was 7:20

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
4-6 hours of SOT? What brightness are you using? I guess I've never really tested this phone yet but I generally have the brightness up to around 60-70%. I doubt I could get 5 hours of SOT with brightness that high.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I've stopped worrying about SOT. If you listen to lots of music or cast Netflix (or whatever) you'll get less SOT. If you do lots of Android Auto (or other nav) you'll get less SOT. If you do lots of email, facebook, etc., you'll get more SOT. My main touch point is average % discharge per hour - typically around 3%. If I get 7% per hour, it's usually from Android Auto for long periods. Good apps for this type of measuring are AccuBattery, and to a lesser extent GSAM.

(Note: those percentages are just me... I'm happy with my discharge rate based on what I do with my phone. That's the key thing.)

First screenshot is my current discharge session:
d79f5c43a42f81b16281f967126a7640.jpg

Second screenshot is the last 7 days:
69fe0a8c8e7ed13d3377f8b4bff07fd3.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I've stopped worrying about SOT. If you listen to lots of music or cast Netflix (or whatever) you'll get less SOT. If you do lots of Android Auto (or other nav) you'll get less SOT. If you do lots of email, facebook, etc., you'll get more SOT. My main touch point is average % discharge per hour - typically around 3%. If I get 7% per hour, it's usually from Android Auto for long periods. Good apps for this type of measuring are AccuBattery, and to a lesser extent GSAM.

(Note: those percentages are just me... I'm happy with my discharge rate based on what I do with my phone. That's the key thing.)

First screenshot is my current discharge session:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161221/d79f5c43a42f81b16281f967126a7640.jpg

Second screenshot is the last 7 days:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161221/69fe0a8c8e7ed13d3377f8b4bff07fd3.jpg

When I use Android Auto I'm plugged into my car

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
When I use Android Auto I'm plugged into my car
I use it as a "stand alone" app, without plugging into my car (an older truck), using a windshield mount to see the screen. It's great: reads out my texts, nav help, driving friendly Spotify. But... it eats up battery like crazy.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I use it as a "stand alone" app, without plugging into my car (an older truck), using a windshield mount to see the screen. It's great: reads out my texts, nav help, driving friendly Spotify. But... it eats up battery like crazy.

I have 2 wall plugged wireless chargers & one car mounted wireless charger which I used for my Note 2. Never needed to charge by plugging-in the USB port. I top up continually by putting the phone on the wireless charger when not making a call, so I get 24 hours of SOT :)

I will soon receive an USB-c wireless sticker which I will plug into the USB port. I use SyncMe to wirelessly transfer files.

BTW apart for charging & transferring files, what's the use of the USB port?

Last edited:

Drjoeshmoe

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Zerolemon.....I'm on my first charge....at 18% battery...almost 11 hours sot....I am sure the phone is still learning the battery...and the last percent will be a long one.

I am guessing at 5% my screen will auto dim....anyone know if the v20 has an option to turn that feature off?.

yeah the zerolemon is big...but my big hands love it.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Zerolemon.....I'm on my first charge....at 18% battery...almost 11 hours sot....I am sure the phone is still learning the battery...and the last percent will be a long one.

I am guessing at 5% my screen will auto dim....anyone know if the v20 has an option to turn that feature off?.

yeah the zerolemon is big...but my big hands love it.

wow that's amazing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo