Facebook notifications not working

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to figure this out. I can't get any notifications with facebook to work. They are turned on inside the app, but they just aren't working. No #'s on the icon or alerts about anything. Does any one have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are all other notifications from other apps working normally? Do you have any power-saving modes or Restrict Background Data turned on?

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Are all other notifications from other apps working normally? Do you have any power-saving modes or Restrict Background Data turned on?

Yes, other apps are working as they should. Facebook partially works, but definitely not showing a # by the icon so I never know unless I go into the App that I have things to check on. :(

No powersave or restricted data turned on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did this start after a recent update to the app? Might be a glitch with the update. You could wait until the next update, although I don't know how often they update it. Send some feedback to them in the meantime.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Did this start after a recent update to the app? Might be a glitch with the update. You could wait until the next update, although I don't know how often they update it. Send some feedback to them in the meantime.
Not sure since this phone is new to me by a few days.

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Not sure since this phone is new to me by a few days.

did you transfer all of your app settings to the phone when you got it or did you sign in to everything manually? I had a similar issue with my first V20 and I had to sign out of everything and then sign back in to get notifications to work.

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
if that doesn't work, try settings -> device settings -> notifications -> apps -> facebook and make sure you don't have the app blocked or show silently checked. also check the option to make facebook a priority app and see if that works.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
did you transfer all of your app settings to the phone when you got it or did you sign in to everything manually? I had a similar issue with my first V20 and I had to sign out of everything and then sign back in to get notifications to work.

Everything was a fresh install and I had to sign in as new. I only transferred my text, contacts, and photos.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
if that doesn't work, try settings -> device settings -> notifications -> apps -> facebook and make sure you don't have the app blocked or silently checked. also check the option to make facebook a priority app and see if that works.

Thanks, I looked and its not showing blocked or silent. I set FB to priority now. Lets see if that works.