Bricked V20, stock on Firmware update screen.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So, I have been using it since Day 1 and had no problem up with my V20 up until few days ago.

Whenever my phone is turned off and on, screen is stock in Firmware Update - Now Waiting For Any Connection screen. The only way to get past that screen is by taking the battery out, plugging the charging cable first, followed by inserting the battery. I did the Wipe Cache option already and it didn't help. Not to mention that it took me 100 tried of turning off and on to get to that screen.

Any other options? Will Verizon send me a new one free of charge even though I didn't buy insurance for it? At the end, it's a problem with the phone and I would hate to pay $100 or more to get a replacement one.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's something you can fix yourself, but you're obviously still within warranty and Verizon will honor it if it's a factory defect. The down side is they won't send you a new one, but a refurbished one (unless they are out of refurbs). The other option is to go through LG directly. They will repair and send your phone back instead of replacing it, but then you're without it for longer.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So, I have been using it since Day 1 and had no problem up with my V20 up until few days ago.

Whenever my phone is turned off and on, screen is stock in Firmware Update - Now Waiting For Any Connection screen. The only way to get past that screen is by taking the battery out, plugging the charging cable first, followed by inserting the battery. I did the Wipe Cache option already and it didn't help. Not to mention that it took me 100 tried of turning off and on to get to that screen.

Any other options? Will Verizon send me a new one free of charge even though I didn't buy insurance for it? At the end, it's a problem with the phone and I would hate to pay $100 or more to get a replacement one.
Take it in and see what they say....you shouldn't have to pay anything

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to swap the phone free of charge. Ask to "speak to the manager". If anything, LG could reinstall the OS for you if you send it to them. Or you can research on XDA and figure out how to reinstall the OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty