flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Which brings me back to my original point - without a color led notifier it is difficult to know when notifications come in that you miss. Just a bunch of nearly identical white icons (except the battery notifier if you install it).

Everyone's different.
I've had phones with led and without. Its not anything I miss in a phone and sometimes a flashing LED is annoying or draws unwanted attention.
When I'm at work my phone is in sight on my desk. When its in my pocket its on vibrate. If someone trys to reach me and it's real important, they call.
Having said all that I understand that it is often a desire and sometimes a necessity. The trouble is no one phone does it all so its a matter of what we can work around or give up.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ya I really miss it. Missed a couple of important messages because I didn't see the whit icon amon other white icons. Sound and buzz off at work. Nobody ever complained about the blinking led and you could shut it off if they did. My next phone will have it. I basically gave it up for ir blaster and this is likely the last vzw phone that will ever have it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Ya I really miss it. Missed a couple of important messages because I didn't see the whit icon amon other white icons. Sound and buzz off at work. Nobody ever complained about the blinking led and you could shut it off if they did. My next phone will have it. I basically gave it up for ir blaster and this is likely the last vzw phone that will ever have it.
Its a shame because there should be room to include these features. The worst by far is headphone jack elimination on a phone. I will never buy one without it or at least not until it is removed from every phone.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Everyone's different.
I've had phones with led and without. Its not anything I miss in a phone and sometimes a flashing LED is annoying or draws unwanted attention.
When I'm at work my phone is in sight on my desk. When its in my pocket its on vibrate. If someone trys to reach me and it's real important, they call.
Having said all that I understand that it is often a desire and sometimes a necessity. The trouble is no one phone does it all so its a matter of what we can work around or give up.

True but what if you're getting multiple notifications? IE Facebook Messenger, missed calls, Instagram, etc, it'll blink a specific color but not all at once. With 2nd screen, you pull it out your pick and you can see all the icons. True, it's a little small but it serves it's purpose being able to see the time and if there are any missed messages. I kinda do miss the Samsung notification LED but now prefer the AOD because it's easier to see exactly the notifications. Would've been better if it wasn't all black and white.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
True but what if you're getting multiple notifications? IE Facebook Messenger, missed calls, Instagram, etc, it'll blink a specific color but not all at once. With 2nd screen, you pull it out your pick and you can see all the icons. True, it's a little small but it serves it's purpose being able to see the time and if there are any missed messages. I kinda do miss the Samsung notification LED but now prefer the AOD because it's easier to see exactly the notifications. Would've been better if it wasn't all black and white.
Great point in support of the second screen, however I don't see the relationship to my point. I'm basically saying the LED is not a big deal for me. I do understand how some might find useful and how it is important. Unfortunatly if someone wants the V20 it just ain't happening.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If someone loves ir blaster and 16/9 ratio they should grab a V20 fast because I suspect it is the last flagship phone that will boast these features and can be used on VZW.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If someone loves ir blaster and 16/9 ratio they should grab a V20 fast because I suspect it is the last flagship phone that will boast these features and can be used on VZW.

That IR blaster is fun at News Years when you turn off the ball droppingvin Times Sqare at 10 seconds before the drop

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just bought one us996 for Verizon on eBay. Brand new for $355.

Good deal? I can't wait to try it. I'll most likely be selling my iPhone 6S Plus.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i just bought this one on ebay Brand New unopened box $369.00
LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan
Factory Unlocked dual sim

LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan | eBay

I bought a V10 and it came yesterday and I gave it to my youngest son and its is a fine phone for sure

This is the one I bought the other day ($355). The PSUMMER15 code expired I take it? I can't wait for mine to come in next week. Already ordered my tempered glass and my case.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
i just bought this one on ebay Brand New unopened box $369.00
LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan
Factory Unlocked dual sim

LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan | eBay

I bought a V10 and it came yesterday and I gave it to my youngest son and its is a fine phone for sure

Your son should love the V10. I'm still using mine. My V20 is sleeping in my desk drawer waiting for me to get my butt in gear and install the screen protector.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That's the awesome V10. I live it so much. And this V20 is making me love even more.

I have a Note 5 and like it just kinda bored with it and like the bigger phone and its not slippery like the SS

My son is really liking his V10 and I cant wait for the V20 to show up later this week

Niv77

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
To answer the main question,
If you're the type who don't regularly upgrade your phone, don't.
Spec wise it's superb, Removable battery? Useful 2nd screen? Hell yea!
But the big problem is, the screen retention.
I bought this last November. On the 5th month of using this, I noticed screen retention. I thought it's no biggie cos it usually goes away by itself. Then on the 6th month, it got worse. Screen retention was very noticable. So I decided to go to the service centre and they replaced the screen under warranty. I was even able to convince the tech guy to replace the main board thinking it could be the reason why I got that retention. So that was just last month. After the replacement, after a month. Screen retention is back again! I love the v20 and if ever note 7 didn't have issues, I'd still choose this phone. But I lost my confidence in this phone already. Screen retention?! Which I never had with Samsung. I thought I was just unlucky the first time. But twice?! Err..
Just gonna wait for other future flagships. To think this issue occured on the g5, v10 and now v20 and g6.
I don't know with y'all but bye LG for me.

Yeah this is subjective. And just my opinion