G6 2 year LG warranty no love for V20

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Just read LG extended warranty on G6 to 2 years nothing on V20
Bummer

Extending warranties after a roll out usually indicates the product is failing prematuring and people are staying away. Like auto manufacturers that offer 100,000 mile warranties, their cars are known as crap and no one wants to buy it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Extending warranties after a roll out usually indicates the product is failing prematuring and people are staying away. Like auto manufacturers that offer 100,000 mile warranties, their cars are known as crap and no one wants to buy it.

Not necessarily..... It also used as a sales incentive and to demonstrate faith in the product.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Bummer

Why look at it as a negative? I think its a confidence booster to make up for past failures. In Europe most products already carry a two year warranty. This is great news for those who don't jump every time something new rolls out.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Only negative was that it was not given to V20. We own the phone already, extra warranty would have been nice

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Only negative was that it was not given to V20. We own the phone already, extra warranty would have been nice

Yeah... I missed that and went back to correct it but you already responded.
I guess we could say bummer, however I'm hoping that the V20 stays solid.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Not necessarily..... It also used as a sales incentive and to demonstrate faith in the product.

Agreed. + 1

I think this is purely a display of faith in their product. I don't think it's because it's not selling. It certainly looks fantastic.

I think when the V30 launches we will see the same extended warranty offered. 😃

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Prior models having the bootloops, this model having the glass backs and lack of the Dacs in the US models are the reason. They are trying to boost sales prior to the v30 being released.

Mac

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The V20 is older... I would assume they would give it to the V30 if anything. The reason the G6 got the extended offer is due to the phone being their latest and greatest.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bummer

Kinda sucks but don't think it really needs it. Don't see this phone crapping out in 1.5 years at least. Already been 0.5 years owning this phone for me.

Also warranty doesn't cover physical damage so don't get too excited.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Kinda sucks but don't think it really needs it. Don't see this phone crapping out in 1.5 years at least. Already been 0.5 years owning this phone for me.

Also warranty doesn't cover physical damage so don't get too excited.

Software is more of a problem for LG than hardware.
I had it with the v10 after 16 months
Just thought it would have been nice.
I have the v20 not l6 lol

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Software is more of a problem for LG than hardware.
I had it with the v10 after 16 months
Just thought it would have been nice.
I have the v20 not l6 lol

Honestly, we still don't know if it will bootloop but so far none of the G5 phones from last year did (both using same parts and processor). I am pretty confident that it won't, as long as I take care of the phone and keep the temperatures low and use only high quality USB C cables. Phones should last a long time like computers if you take care of it but it won't last forever, it'll probably be obsolete by that time.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
What I learned from the v10 is never buy from the first batch. In this case it was 5 months after the v20 came out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87