Do you use the micro SD card slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Pixel 2, OP5, Mate 10 pro, and iPhone doesn't have the micro SD slot. Some people don't need that much space, they just take pictures and browse social media. I have a 128GB micro SD card in addition to the whopping 64GB internal storage. Seems like a crazy amount and limitless storage (more is always better) but I have been collecting MP3s for over a decade and I still have lots of eBooks, podcasts, and DJ mixes... still enjoy listening to it.. sure there's Spotify but you have to pay for it, plus you don't have your own collection plus annoying ads. Let's not get into cloud storage... it's not the same.. I don't have unlimited data nor sufficient cloud storage... plus the time to upload everything online.

I remember when the Samsung Galaxy S6 only had 32GB... that angered a lot of people so they brought it back. There has to be a demand and voice for people to keep these features... And also depends how greedy the manufacturer is taking away basic features and charging more for storage options, telling you "you don't need it".

What size memory card, if any, do you have and what do you have mostly stored on there?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
An old 16GB card. Basically the only thing in there are downloaded Spotify music on high quality. I'm looking to buy a 128GB card though. My tablet has a 32GB card full of books, so videos don't fit anymore. Will probably just swap. I'm fine with 32GB internal memory for phone use, but that's not enough for media. 16GB isn't enough to download the music at extreme quality (320kbps).

I don't really keep a lot of stuff on my phone. I mean I've used up like 15GB on my phone for apps and pictures, and I'm quite satisfied already.

andersmmg

Oct 28, 2017
Visit site
I have a 32 GB card in my phone, mostly used for media and I move some apps to it to free more space on the internal storage. I like to have a lot of apps so it's easier to do stuff on the go without dealing with websites and stuff instead.

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I have a 128Gb card that holds my entire FLAC music library and a few MP4 movies. Without it there's no way I could carry my music library, as nearly all of it is in FLAC rather than the more-compressed (and crappier-sounding) MP3 format. With the nice DAC in the V20, and good headphones, you can DEFINITELY hear the difference.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No but I like the option. Using a card can sometimes eat your battery so I get by with 64 gb and use streaming audio for music

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I literally just put a Samsung Evo Select 128GB in yesterday. I downloaded all of my Google Play Music playlist, I got about 50GB.

The rest will be for pictures/video

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I use the 200gb card I got for free when I bought my V10. However, I have always used a card, if the device supported it, for music and other media. For example, when I travel, I download a couple of movies at home for backup entertainment and then I can watch them without streaming.

Also, the use of a card makes changing devices much easier. You don't have to reinstall music (time consuming) and can save then reinstall backups of playlists and system settings.

Edwin_Cobb

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have 64gb SD card in addition to my 32gb internal yet am almost out. Use a lots of apps and media files cause of my work.
Planning of buying bigger SD. For internal no matter how big it is, I will always want an SD card in addition. One thing I do is shoot high quality video with my phone.
Keeping that and other personal stuffs from my phone internal is how I rock.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
f no! imo, take the card out, throw it on the ground, stomp on it, light it on fire, film it in 240 fps slo-mo, post that on youtube and then hit the thumbs down button on yourself. Then glue the slot back and call Google and tell them to stop supporting this crap until they figure out how to do it in a secure and seamless manner... and "adoptable storage" is not it. also... buy 128 GB (or more) phones! :)

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I had a Priv, I had a 128 gig SD card on which I stored all pics, vids, and music along with all documents. Now that I have the 5T which doesn't have that capability, I use Drive and also back up to my computer.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a 128GB SD card. I have a rather large collection of downloaded Mp3 files as well as a large collection of downloaded music from Amazon Prime unlimited. In addition I have a large library of photos and videos of my kids and grandkids. Although I use Google Photos and Amazon Prime photo's for my pictures, I have both apps set to not upload videos in order to conserve data. I've chosen the SD card as the default in case I have to do a FDR so they would not be lost from the main memory. Having expandable storage as well as a swappable battery were the two main reasons I went wit the V20.

David

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I have a 256gb card. Since i got the space I take max resolution pics and vids. I take a lot especially during competition since i take all the teammates lifts.

I also keep all my music and other vids (movies, dl clips, etc) on it too.

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I only have 32GB on my HTC 10 so I use a 64GB SD card for music and pics.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a 64GB card in My LG G5 phone and same in my Samsung tab pro 8.4
I moved the one in the G5 from my old Samsung S5. Both cards have music and videos on them. The tablet more mp4 video than anything. The phones card has pics from the camera, some documents, all the mp3 I bought from Amazom and some of my own I been collecting since the days of Napster and 56k modems. I listen to a lot of music at the gym and at work, if I cancel my Xm radio I will be using it in the Jeep too.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Pixel 2, OP5, Mate 10 pro, and iPhone doesn't have the micro SD slot. Some people don't need that much space, they just take pictures and browse social media. I have a 128GB micro SD card in addition to the whopping 64GB internal storage. Seems like a crazy amount and limitless storage (more is always better) but I have been collecting MP3s for over a decade and I still have lots of eBooks, podcasts, and DJ mixes... still enjoy listening to it.. sure there's Spotify but you have to pay for it, plus you don't have your own collection plus annoying ads. Let's not get into cloud storage... it's not the same.. I don't have unlimited data nor sufficient cloud storage... plus the time to upload everything online.

I remember when the Samsung Galaxy S6 only had 32GB... that angered a lot of people so they brought it back. There has to be a demand and voice for people to keep these features... And also depends how greedy the manufacturer is taking away basic features and charging more for storage options, telling you "you don't need it".

What size memory card, if any, do you have and what do you have mostly stored on there?
With 128 internal I have little need for an SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20