I got a PowerBear 6600 mAh battery

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just set up my Perfine 6,400mAh battery for return. Can anyone tell me how thick your extended batteries made your phone? Mine was increased to 5/8", and some of the other options I looked at seemed about the same even at a higher capacity. That would be an ok thickness for me.0217181150_Burst01.jpg

Tran Trung Le

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I made a video of it, but I have not posted it yet. I just checked and I didn't get a screenshot but I do show it on the video.

I will post the video on here when it is done.

Right now I am using the Hyperion, which seems like should have similar results.

However, the Hyperion seems to have much cheaper packaging and lower quality accessories.

Even though I think I like the cheap back that came with the Hyperion better.
Here is mine when using extended battery. The % is always incorrect. I have been staying at 3% for more than 30m SOT. That's why I'm looking for another extended battery which can tell me correct %.
9a5d66bae3e0358a59cd7d10dffffc42.jpg
c228eeeea7e93bbb19dd6def8bb63a5c.jpg

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The PowerBear is definitely the nicer product. Nicer packaging, nicer outer case, technically bigger battery, and higher quality battery back.

However, I tend to use the Hyperion more. I will post videos of both this weekend.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
To clarify, I initially liked the feel of the battery back of the Hyperion. The extra $10 case for Hyperion was ****, didn't fit well, don't recommend.

The plastic battery back of the Hyperion is smooth, and almost felt like the metal back. But after having it on for several days, using it more, I am questioning the quality of the back.

Now it feels a little weird, Luke maybe some coating is wearing off.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting both the PowerBear and the Hyperion, and I made videos for both:

PowerBear - https://youtu.be/f6KwnfrzPMY

Hyperion - https://youtu.be/h5m1H0jE2ek

TL;DW - at first I thought I liked the Hyperion better, but after a week with each, it is easy to tell the PowerBear is the superior product. It has 100 more mAh, it has much better packaging, and the physical pieces seem to be better as well.

Either one should last you from morning to night with zero concerns. Neither one would get me close to 2 full days off of one charge.

And most surprising, the V20 seemed slower after a few days, then I realized I normally restart every day due to swapping batteries. With the PowerBear and Hyperion, I would charge overnight and not need to restart the V20.

Could have been something else, but I have been using the V20 every day since November, and it was relatively smooth. I also restart it at least once a day, prior to getting the extended batteries.

So for now, I'll just use the PowerBear when I know I'm going to need some heavy duty battery life, and I'll just use the regular battery as my daily driver.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't recommend the ipossible one. I bought it and am gonna return it because the case was super low quality. But the pen that came with it was pretty nice, I'm actually gonna miss that

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't recommend the ipossible one. I bought it and am gonna return it because the case was super low quality. But the pen that came with it was pretty nice, I'm actually gonna miss that
I'm trying that brand now and it's due to arrive today. It's the only other one in the 6,400mAh range with a full flat back. I already sent my Perfine back because it wasn't the advertised capacity (or perhaps was a defective one), and everything else I'm finding in that range has that ugly battery bump that also looks uncomfortable to hold.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying that brand now and it's due to arrive today. It's the only other one in the 6,400mAh range with a full flat back. I already sent my Perfine back because it wasn't the advertised capacity (or perhaps was a defective one), and everything else I'm finding in that range has that ugly battery bump that also looks uncomfortable to hold.
The actual battery part seems pretty good, but I just don't like the low quality case. Imo it makes the whole phone feel cheap. Also the volume buttons are a pain because they are mushy and they hold down even with a single click, if that makes sense
But maybe I just have a lemon, who knows
Hopefully yours works out well for ya

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The actual battery part seems pretty good, but I just don't like the low quality case. Imo it makes the whole phone feel cheap. Also the volume buttons are a pain because they are mushy and they hold down even with a single click, if that makes sense
But maybe I just have a lemon, who knows
Hopefully yours works out well for ya
I'll keep you updated. The Perfine volume buttons had a similar issue too, but the case overall was surprisingly stout.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I started using the iPossible battery and the case is the exact same as the Perfine case (so either they use the same supplier or are related companies). Other than the volume buttons, I'm rather pleased with how well it fits. Heck, you can't even tell it's missing a solid back plate. My only other concern with it is the aux cutout is too small for my aux cable to fit. This is common on most cases, and I do have a rather thick plug jacket (it's likely 10 years old, before everything shrunk).

The battery itself is doing well so far. Not enough time on it yet for AccuBattery to estimate the capacity well, but it's definitely more than the OEM capacity. Right now it's estimating 5,953mAh, which is lower than the 6,700mAh advertised capacity. But still, I charged it completely full (not just to 100%, but until charging cut off) and approaching 17 hrs with moderate use with 50% left on it.