LG Smart World = Collection Of Your Private Data

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
SmartWorld is collecting your data, probably without your knowledge. Not surprised, companies like Facebook and Google take your information all the time. What do you think? Should you be worried? I worry more about battery drainage because the app is running in the background 24/7.

Screenshot_2018-05-04-13-41-39.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-04-13-42-09.jpgScreenshot_2018-05-04-13-45-32.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
With all the hacks of virtually everywhere in the last couple of years I no longer worry about privacy. None of us have any unless you live in a cabin with no electricity and live off the land. By the way... it's too late now. You needed to do it in 1980.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With all the hacks of virtually everywhere in the last couple of years I no longer worry about privacy. None of us have any unless you live in a cabin with no electricity and live off the land. By the way... it's too late now. You needed to do it in 1980.

SmartWorld is a battery hog, especially constantly monitoring your device and collecting data, that's more of my concern.

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use smartworld all the time and it is never running in my background or killing my battery. I am sure I am not the only one.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use smartworld all the time and it is never running in my background or killing my battery. I am sure I am not the only one.

It's running in the background, you just can't see it. If you install Greenify, you'll see it start up automatically every time. Waste of battery and RAM. Just download themes from the Play Store, they look better anyway and the Smart World app store has too much kiddy themes. Or just download the themes from SmartWorld and then uninstall it after you're done.

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well everyone has their own opinion and choices. I like SmartWorld and when I check and my phone says it has used 0% of my battery all day, I am not going to worry about it. I have used it for the last 3 LG phones that I have had and never had a problem with it.