LG backup won't see my restoration files. Fail. Help!

starcarwraps

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
I had to reset my phone because it was super sluggish. Backed up everything using the LG backup app. Files were saved on SD card.
After resetting my phone i wanted to restore the backup and the app does not giving me an option where the backup might would be.Automatically the only place it looks is Google Drive. It won't see the backups on my sd card. There are no options nor buttons to manually chose location or the files :( Very frustrating. I thought all my pictures were on the SD card but so many folders are missing. I guess they are in the backup. I had no choice but to pay google drive for extra storage. Uploaded the backup files and I just checked and the lg backup searches google drive but it says no data found. What the actual hell?!?!?! How can an app be so broken? What can i do?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't know how much extra storage you need or what it costs but it doesn't seem like a terrible idea to have everything stored on Google Drive in case your phone falls into a pool and fries the phone and the card or you lose it. I had all my pictures saved on a Seagate 2 terabyte drive that died and to fix it I have to give Seagate 400 bucks I think maybe it was $250 I don't remember. I was able to piece together enough that it didn't pay to do that but dealing with mechanical products and SD cards aren't that sturdy. As a matter of fact one of the guys from AT&T last night said to me, and this guy was really obnoxious, but he wouldn't use the SD card in the phone unless you needed it with that causes a lot of problems. I don't know if he's full of it or what and that's the same guy that told me to do a factory reset but all I had to do was reboot up my phone with the wall charger in so that I could do the firmware update that was blocking my phone totally. Just think what happens tomorrow if you lose the phone.

starcarwraps

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but you aren't helping. I have backup files that LG backup app made. These are *.lbf files that i can NOT open in any way! All my files are locked. I can not get them back. I paid for extra storage on google drive, uploaded the files and i tried to restore them. LB backup app searched google drive but it says no data to restore.
So now what?