Just got an update

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
got mine also from AT&T the other day and I too thought it was Oreo but it wasn't. When it says Android updating you think that it's the new operating system.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
You would think LG would have improved the lackluster camera through an update since its inception.

I would have thought that since the LG V20 was the first phone release with 7.0 and was the LG flagship at the time, LG would have made an effort to build on the platform and create some positive perceptions around their ability to provide timely / useful updates for their phones. Instead, the V20 is at the back of the pack in getting an 8.0 update.

This is one of the reasons I'm considering another brand.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I would have thought that since the LG V20 was the first phone release with 7.0 and was the LG flagship at the time, LG would have made an effort to build on the platform and create some positive perceptions around their ability to provide timely / useful updates for their phones. Instead, the V20 is at the back of the pack in getting an 8.0 update.

This is one of the reasons I'm considering another brand.

Exactly

Now some will have you believe that security and or OS updates are of little value, however that's not even remotely true. It may be true on a personal level for some, however it's more than likely a personal justification to validate their purchase after the fact. I used to feel that security updates were not important, however I have since seen the light.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly

Now some will have you believe that security and or OS updates are of little value, however that's not even remotely true. It may be true on a personal level for some, however it's more than likely a personal justification to validate their purchase after the fact. I used to feel that security updates were not important, however I have since seen the light.
It is true for those that don't want the updates (security updates excluded, as they are not changing the features of the phone). There's been several times I took an update that changed up how something functioned in a way I didn't like, while adding nothing of real value.

And that's not even counting for the times something glitched during an update that caused problems. The worst I had was an OTA update that factory reset the phone AND reformatted the SD card that was mounted at the time. So for me, the less updates I get, the better.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
June security patches. Not Oreo. On AT&T.

Oreo just rolled out for international V20 models, be patient.. they are holding the release because they're trying to sell more G7s and V35s..

Plus you should want them to take their time.. otherwise a rushed update would have lots of problems and bugs like the HTC 10 did with battery drain issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699