Cleanup apps

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
My V20 has slowed down a lot. When I have a long Facebook post it hardly moves. Loading up screens has gotten much too slow. I got a notification for an app called Cleanup. Have any of you had any bad things happen after using that app?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't use cleaner apps for several reasons, and there's nothing they can do that I can't manually do myself. I doubt it'll help you in this case anyway. I'm one of the biggest fans of the V20 you'll find, but it's getting up there in age and lag is gong to be an issue. It's running 2016 hardware, but most apps have been updated multiple times since then. With most updates comes extra functionality and extra need for resources. Even the coding of websites like Facebook (a known resource hog in its own right) change over time.

It's just the nature of the beast when you can't upgrade a phone unless you replace it all together.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Facebook is always buggy so don't base the overall performance on that terrible app. Use FB Lite or the browser when using FB.

Uninstall the cleanup app. Sometimes the cleaning apps are the source of the slow down of the phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Facebook is always buggy so don't base the overall performance on that terrible app. Use FB Lite or the browser when using FB.

For what it's worth, I use FB on Chrome on my phone and get the same long thread lag the OP is seeing. I do agree not judging the phone based only on FB performance, though.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Lots of apps are slow, including this android App. My MLB app is awful especially at startup like this Anroid app yet when it plays a game, which should be a big draw, it's fine.

I just had to shut this app down and do a battery pull because I wasn't able to type a reply.

I went into the files and killed whatever I could that seemed extra including a thumbnails file which was pretty big it had pictures and it was a gigabyte in size.

I'm not sure if this phone was ever quite right. when I do a speed test very often I am at 179 megabytes per second but also I get a lot of 40 megabytes per second and I have to shut down and start up again to get the higher speed. So something is screwing up something someplace.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The best "cleanup app" is a file manager, Settings > Apps, and your finger. That way, what you want cleaned up gets cleaned up (and your finger doesn't send all your data back to China).

O Henry Will

Jun 25, 2019
Visit site
No...When clear all you are doing is open space in GB bit save room for photo you are a good thing removing cash removing idle time no worries if he do it So all your data will not back to China

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No...When clear all
Clear all what? Data? Apps? Cache?

you are doing is open space in GB bit save room for photo
Not exactly. If you clear system cache, you're clearing in a partition you can't save anything to. (GB is short for gigabyte, Gb is short for gigabit - GB bit doesn't make sense.)

removing cash
cache - "cash" means money

removing idle time
You can't "remove idle time". Idle time is the time the phone isn't doing anything.

So all your data will not back to China
You just don't install Cheetah Mobile and similar apps for that. We cleaned out cache and data before they were in business, and we can do it without their apps now.

(And you should get someone more familiar with English to correct your very obviously biased post for you - I can almost see your Chinese passport as I read your post. A lot of Chinese speak (and write) better English than "all your data will not back to China" - if you don't work for one of those data-stealing companies, you sure sound as if you do.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames