Solved Why have my notification icons disappeared?

Apr 27, 2022
Visit site
Hello, fellow Android users! I have a bit of a sticky wicket here, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out🤞🏻

Recently, I've changed the font on my phone to one I bought from the Galaxy Store because I got bored with the default one. (It's called SpellbindStdSerifLatinFlipFont.) When I did, my app icons no longer appeared on my notification bar! I just got a white dot instead. At one point, I was able to fix things by switching my font to a different one, but that no longer fixes the issue. Neither does changing my font back to the default setting. Now if I want to see what all notifications I have, I have to swipe down first. It's annoying. I don't know why this is happening, but I'd really like to fix it.

For information's sake: I have an S24 Ultra running Android 14/One UI 6.1 via Nova Launcher. I'm also using Gboard and customized icon packs. However, I was using all of the above before the issue started, so I don't think they're the cause of any of this.

I've attached two screenshots in order to better visualize my problem. The first one is of my notification bar with a test message notification (circled in yellow) on there; the other is what my notification bar looks like once I swipe down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_041431_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_041431_Chrome.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20240321_041448_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_041448_Chrome.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: