LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

Errol Macy 1

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

I am rolling with a v20 now.
The G6 is going to be the first G series phone i dont buy since i fell in love with the G3.
All high end phones are nice but this niche guy wants a high end phone that he can swap the battery like i he does the batteries in his cordless tools.
Please LG leave the V series removable.

Last edited:

xavier X

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

If you want to walk soar among the eagles then you've got to make some bold moves. LG rarely makes bold moves. That's why their market share has been shrinking.

What do you mean "LG rarely makes bold moves"? What do you call the G5 if not a bold move? Samsung and Apple are locked in a battle to make virtually identical devices apart from OS.

Right or wrong LG has had a reputation for bold moves when it comes to design and functionality. Unfortunately it seems more people are interested in whatever a "premium look and feel" device is. If they're smart they'll put their glass backed device in a case where you can't see the "premium" look or eventually walk around with a not so "premium" looking chipped or cracked device.

Form should follow function.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses it Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Exactly and the whole "most people don't own a pair of high impedance headphones" is nullified by the fact that most of us in some form or another already own a high impedance device. The main one being our vehicles. Most these days have an AUX port as well as Bluetooth setup. The speakers in our cars definitely trigger high impedance mode and even with the most basic of speakers you will get excellent quality on your commute to work and other places.

The vehicles I've tried only trigger external device mode which I believe is somewhere in the middle of things. Still a good thing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Should the V30 DAC leave the gain fully adjustable?

A lot of V20 owners get upset that they can't crank up the DAC to its full potential. Should all the chips be fully enabled along with the gain in the V30?

LG claims they are matching the output to the listening device but are they doing us a favor?

If I utilized an external DAC and Amp I would have full control over the output so why do we really need to be restricted? Besides the output there is the issue that LG turns off 3 out of 4 chips in low impedance mode and in turn lose some noise reduction. Perhaps we don't need it as much at lower volumes and its a way of increasing battery life.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should the V30 DAC leave the gain fully adjustable?

A lot of V20 owners get upset that they can't crank up the DAC to its full potential. Should all the chips be fully enabled along with the gain in the V30?

LG claims they are matching the output to the listening device but are they doing us a favor?

If I utilized an external DAC and Amp I would have full control over the output so why do we really need to be restricted? Besides the output there is the issue that LG turns off 3 out of 4 chips in low impedance mode and in turn lose some noise reduction. Perhaps we don't need it as much at lower volumes and its a way of increasing battery life.
Yeah this is a smartphone kinda meant for IEMs, but good enough for HD800s. If your really into hifi sound your gonna habe more than one DAC and headphones anyway.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should the V30 DAC leave the gain fully adjustable?

Yeah this is a smartphone kinda meant for IEMs, but good enough for HD800s. If your really into hifi sound your gonna habe more than one DAC and headphones anyway.

More than one set of headphones I can relate too. I will never carry around a separate DAC or Amp.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
V30 features and specs predictions?

Let's do this for fun and look back and see if your predictions are right!

V30 Features & Specs Prediction:
Sealed 3600 mAh Battery
IP 68 Water-Resistant Rating
Wireless Charging
Glass Back Design (like the G6)
Bezel-Less Design (like the G6)
6.2' Inch Display, 18:9 Aspect Ratio, Rounded Corners
AMOLED screen (2nd screen will be LCD for AOD support)
6GB of RAM
Snapdragon 821 OR 835
Octa DAC Audio
Dual 13MP Cameras, 8MP Front Camera (no more laser auto focus)
Color Options: Glossy Black, Silver, Titanium Gray
NO more IR blaster support
microSD Card Slot
MSRP Price: $749.99 - $799.99

Those are my predictions but it DOESN'T mean I want those features, just my predictions with the current trends and how they are now. I want them to keep the removable battery (possibly include the FREE battery kit with purchase to make people actually understand how useful it is), I love going from 0 to a 100 percent battery in 15 seconds, I hate waiting to top off the battery. I also would want them to stick with an IPS display because it's more practical if you are constantly on your phone, you wouldn't want to experience any burn in. The Quad DAC should definitely stay, I really DO hear the difference in quality and I really enjoy it. The 2nd screen should stay as well, it really made the V20 stand out and it's what people remember the V series for. Bezel-less design is cool but come on, make a phone that is practical to use, it needs to be comfortable to hold without accidentally touching the screen. And stay away from curved displays, the majority of people want to use screen protectors and cases; and plus the curved screens serves absolutely no purpose but is more inconvenient. Fingerprint scanner placement is PERFECT, don't move it! And also I LOVE the military grade rating all metal back, I just feel much better knowing it's more durable and don't need to worry about ugly scratches on the glass. If people really want wireless charging, just offer an add-on accessory for it (for example, a different back plate possibly made of plastic or something to enable wireless charging). There is no reason to remove the IR blaster if people like it, I'll pay the extra cost for it. Don't lower the 16MP camera pixel count, the picture quality is much better with higher pixels.

Render Concept
LG-V30-concept-creator-render-2017-2.jpg
LG-V30-concept-creator-render-2017-3.jpg
lg-v30-concept-design-2_149035784280.jpg

Actual Leaked V30 Display
lg-v30-768x768.jpg

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they will remove the IR blaster and I think LG will keep the removable battery. They recognize that one phone needs to still remain with these features. They may give it water resistance like the S5 had with removable battery, and I think the second screen is best on top

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Cool thread. I hope they keep the IR blaster but I'm almost certain they won't. :(

I'm fine with a sealed back and IP67 and wireless charging. Hopefully they sort out the BS with the camera too. The V20 can take great pictures but you have to fiddle with it too much and that's really not my thing. I just want to be able to point and shoot and get a great picture. One thing I miss about my S7 Edge, though honestly, I thought the S6 took slightly better pictures. I'm trying to stay away from the S8. I won't even allow myself to go into a store and look at it. Lol

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
You guys can say goodbye to the removable battery.

There just isn't enough reason for lg to go that route when they see some Apple and Samsung enjoy record sales and not include it. It's dead Jim.

Also, the v30 has to have amoled because after the v10 and v20 LCD I never want to go back to that tech.

Also it has to have the 835 chipset or newer because the 835 (seriously) is the best SoC I've ever used. Its that good.

Other then that I'd say that is a good start.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Qualcomm confirmed that it will be adding 600MHz to its X16 modem, which is part of its Snapdragon 835 platform. According to T-Mobile's CEO John Legere on Q1 Financial Report has confirmed Samsung and maybe another Vendor will have a Cell Phone on sale for the Holiday's market that supports the new FCC 600 Mhz spectrum that should be approved as Band 71 by 3GPP. Legere could be talking about the LG V30 and or Google Pixel 2 that could get this new version of the Snapdragon 835 with upgraded X16 modem. T-Mobile is deploying 600 Mhz cell towers in mainly rural areas in 2017 where there is no TV station interference.

Snapdragon 835 phones released by the end of the year may have radically better rural coverage on T-Mobile going forward, especially in the western US.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
How do you guys feel about the second screen being on the bottom?

That could actually be pretty awesome! I would actually prefer it there. You could have all the navigations buttons or maybe a fingerprint sensor like the new Macbook Pro.

I think LG should keep their current design and just make subtle improves. They have an awesome device and must not let it go :D

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

I don't really like the Bluetooth route... I don't think I'd buy a phone without a headphone jack. A lot of what I do with a phone involves one, it seems!

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

I know I won't buy any phone without a headphone jack.
Possibly... Only because I finally found the wireless earbuds of my dreams. On the other hand, I tote around a nice pair of wired buds if my wireless ones die, and my portable battery is dead. I NEED my music!