LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

But stock Android directs where Android is going, and like I said high quality various types of aptx are coming to Android and that surely will make ditching the audio headphones audio port way more justified for manufactors although I don't think lg will be willing to loose one of its best qualities on the v series

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

But stock Android directs where Android is going, and like I said high quality various types of aptx are coming to Android and that surely will make ditching the audio headphones audio port way more justified for manufactors although I don't think lg will be willing to loose one of its best qualities on the v series

Thanks for the clarification

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Exactly.. More screen size but with smaller body. Using the benefit of the screen ratio.
To which I already mentioned "keep the V30 the same footprint with larger screen"

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

You can run great audio through USB C ... No reason they'd have to abandon their quad DAC tech, etc.

Perhaps, don't know. But...I assume there are adapters to make my current wired Shure phones work in a USB-C jack? Because I'm not throwing them away. That adds quite a bit to the cost of the phone. A $5 adapter--that I can deal with.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps, don't know. But...I assume there are adapters to make my current wired Shure phones work in a USB-C jack? Because I'm not throwing them away. That adds quite a bit to the cost of the phone. A $5 adapter--that I can deal with.

USB C to 3.5 mm adapter, yes. Moto included one for free, not sure if the V30 would.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site

Don't think so, I won't buy any phone without a headphone jack.

meattray

Trusted Member
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site

Yeah wouldn't really matter to me as I generally only use Bluetooth headphones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

So, what then is the big deal? Yawn. The workaround seems pretty simple.

Currently need a different adapter to be able to charge and listen to music (wired) at the same time. Otherwise, there really isn't one. And if you're already in love with BT, there definitely isn't one.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I only care about the ir blaster. If it's gone I go back to Samsung or iPhone

milehigher

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site

I use Bose qlink 25 headphones , they work Bluetooth but should the battery die they come with a cord to use them as traditional headphones , as for battery life they last about 27 hours of use on a charge , my Samsung tablet when Bluetooth is turned on dies in about 3 hours , my iPad with Bluetooth handles Bluetooth no problem and gets pretty much normal battery life , my iPod does as well , however with iPod if you access the Internet it dies quickly .

kieseyhow

May 22, 2016
Visit site

I almost never use my audio jack, and rely on Bluetooth instead for voice calls, music, and more. The only use for the jack is when you dock the device and wish to connect to the input on an amplifier, or computer. Even that I can circumvent with Bluetooth.... The main problem with losing the jack, as that an audio jack is a more than just audio. It is a four-pole digital interface for both input, and output. The audio jack on many devices also allows accessories that have nothing to do with audio.

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

Ideally, LG would do something very very smart and ship two versions of the V30 - with both inheriting the bigger front display concept of the G6. Do one with a removable battery and that inherits and improves on all the best attributes from the V20. So a durable MIL-STD-810G rated phone with the same quad DAC, improved cameras, more internal storage and more RAM, SD 835, better cameras, keep/improve upon the secondary display, while adding IP67 water resistance (similar to Samsung Galaxy S5, but they can easily do it better than that.) Frankly, make it a tad sexier with some vibrant eye catching color options. Call that the V30 Classic and keep your established customer base happy.

Second and primary model: Do the same as the G6 with the all glass, sealed case, highly water-phobic design. Go with the SD 835 and improved specs across the board. This is where LG can outshine Samsung and really make a name for themselves. If both models ship with a 4000+ mAh batter, 6-8GB of RAM (just +2 whatever Samsung ships in the Note 8) and 256GB internal storage while keeping the SD card slot and try to one-up them in every other spec category. Keep the Quad DAC of course and make the cameras even better. If possible, make it MIL-STD-810G and IP68 at the same time, but that may not be possible with a glass back for wireless charging. Still, make it as durable as humanly possible. Sammy's phones are gonna break easily and that gives you a significant competitive edge to brag about in ads. Samsung habitually half-asses their specs every single year which leaves the door wide open. Beat Samsung in every spec category while lacking none of their bells and whistles (minus the curved edges) and offering a few things they don't and LG could ship a superior flagship for the same or lower price this year.

Lastly, avoid doing the same blunder LG and Samsung always do: Ship your best phones everywhere. Don't restrict the best phone to South Korea and China. Every single time an OEM does that, it seriously pisses off international markets.

And that is how you massively increase your market share LG!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Poll: LG V30 removable battery or not?

Ideally, LG would do something very very smart and ship two versions of the V30 - with both inheriting the bigger front display concept of the G6. Do one with a removable battery and that inherits and improves on all the best attributes from the V20. So a durable MIL-STD-810G rated phone with the same quad DAC, improved cameras, more internal storage and more RAM, SD 835, better cameras, keep/improve upon the secondary display, while adding IP67 water resistance (similar to Samsung Galaxy S5, but they can easily do it better than that.) Frankly, make it a tad sexier with some vibrant eye catching color options. Call that the V30 Classic and keep your established customer base happy.

Second and primary model: Do the same as the G6 with the all glass, sealed case, highly water-phobic design. Go with the SD 835 and improved specs across the board. This is where LG can outshine Samsung and really make a name for themselves. If both models ship with a 4000+ mAh batter, 6-8GB of RAM (just +2 whatever Samsung ships in the Note 8) and 256GB internal storage while keeping the SD card slot and try to one-up them in every other spec category. Keep the Quad DAC of course and make the cameras even better. If possible, make it MIL-STD-810G and IP68 at the same time, but that may not be possible with a glass back for wireless charging. Still, make it as durable as humanly possible. Sammy's phones are gonna break easily and that gives you a significant competitive edge to brag about in ads. Samsung habitually half-asses their specs every single year which leaves the door wide open. Beat Samsung in every spec category while lacking none of their bells and whistles (minus the curved edges) and offering a few things they don't and LG could ship a superior flagship for the same or lower price this year.

Lastly, avoid doing the same blunder LG and Samsung always do: Ship your best phones everywhere. Don't restrict the best phone to South Korea and China. Every single time an OEM does that, it seriously pisses off international markets.

And that is how you massively increase your market share LG!
How would that be very smart? That's a cash sink with no return in sight.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Currently need a different adapter to be able to charge and listen to music (wired) at the same time. Otherwise, there really isn't one. And if you're already in love with BT, there definitely isn't one.

I'm idly wondering how many people listen wired while charging now. The wire, of course, means you can only sit by the charger. That seems pretty inconvenient. But in any event, I'm sure it will disrupt someone, so I guess those folks will care.

Good answer though--I can't see it affecting me much. About the only time it might affect me is if I'm on a plane charging with an ext. batt pack and trying to listen at the same time. Even then, I'm usually going to bring my bluetooth noise canceling headphones. If I'm charging while listening, it's almost always over bluetooth. They have a long battery life, too. Even a trip to China doesn't bother them much.