Unlocked "Coming Soon"

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Probably some sort of deal with the carriers that benefit them and not the consumer. Verizon has a $200 gift card deal and a daydream I think. I bet that once that promotion is over then other places will get it in.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh I did see that. Thank you for clarifying.

I think i'm going to get screwed if I wait for the unlocked version. I'm afraid it may not work with Verizon or it may be a hassle and I don't want to miss the $200 gift card promotion through Verizon. Choosing a new phone is way more difficult than it should be.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Unless things have changed, usually those unlocked phones on verizon don't support things like visual voicemail, wifi calling, or hd calling. Thats always been my reluctance to buy unlocked because I like all those features.

I agree the $200 promo is nice, except the long wait of 2 months to get it, and the fact Verizon is charging the most for the phone ($840 versues $800 from Tmobile). So its probably a $160 benefit after they overcharge.

jascospeed

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Unless things have changed, usually those unlocked phones on verizon don't support things like visual voicemail, wifi calling, or hd calling. Thats always been my reluctance to buy unlocked because I like all those features.

I agree the $200 promo is nice, except the long wait of 2 months to get it, and the fact Verizon is charging the most for the phone ($840 versues $800 from Tmobile). So its probably a $160 benefit after they overcharge.

I will agree with this, I buy unlocked any chance I get but they have never worked well on Verizon. I never had wifi calling or visual voicemail. Infact voicemail was so screwed up I'll get constant garbled texts after checking voicemail.

However I just recently switched to T-Mobile and couldn't be happier, my Nexus 6 that was unlocked and never had all features working on Verizon all work on T-Mobile !

If you want all your features to work, Verizon isn't the place, they don't like unlocked phones. They want control of everything.

Take advantage of the 200 credit. It'll have the ugly branding and some Verizon bloat but all features will work on it ..and who even knows when the unlocked version will be available

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal for places like Best Buy to sell unlocked versions of non-Pixel (or Nexus) phones? I always assumed they were just an authorized retailer for all of the major carriers, and you bought a specific carrier version from them.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm surprised no one wrote this down yet but if you notice when you go to the link to the B & H page where they are selling the unlocked V30, there's a message saying it'll be available for order Oct. 27. For some reason I don't see the message on my desktop but it's visible when I use a mobile device. Got me, idk why? PhoneArena caught that bit of info.