Oreo Update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
How is the camera? Does it improve it at all from what you can tell? Verizon gave us the update but not the AI.

Haven't really played long enough but for example if you aim it at a deck it flashes "wood" " outdoors" and more. Not sure yet of value.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For the exchange notification.

Open the Settings app
Press”Apps and notifications”
App Info
Press”All apps”
Press the three-dot menu in the top right
Press “Show system”
Scroll down and press “Android System”
Press “App notifications”
Switch the toggle next to “Apps using battery”

Thank you, as I wouldn't have found that ;)

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Googled it the way to shut off Exchange battery notification.. go into app notification /all apps/show system apps on 3 dot menu/ and then Android system which is counter intuitive to it being in Exchange. Go to battery and shut off apps consuming battery. Not sure why but that works.

Thank You!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
After the 8.0 update the new LG UI battery info doesn't work at all, the only accurate information is how long your phone has been unplugged. After 16 hours off the charger, using the phone heavy all day, I know I have had the screen on at least 4 hours, phone states screen: 19 minutes. Was using it on wifi half the day, phone says wifi : 0%. Bluetooth same thing 0%. So all in all, battery information / stats are totally useless without using a third party app. The one thing I liked about LG's UI was not having to use a battery app. Guess I'll be downloading Gsam again, haven't had to use Gsam in a few years but this new LG battery info garbage I guess I need something that works.

Same thing. My battery info works to a point then sticks, not computing any further...

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Is T-Mobile is really dropping the ball on Oreo? It's not like they ignored the V30. T-Mobile offered and still offer the V30 and V30+. When Verizon comes out with Oreo first it makes T-Mobile look pretty pathetic.

Rant concluded :)

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Is T-Mobile is really dropping the ball on Oreo? It's not like they ignored the V30. T-Mobile offered and still offer the V30 and V30+. When Verizon comes out with Oreo first it makes T-Mobile look pretty pathetic.

Rant concluded :)

Not sure, but it could be that magenta wants to get it right.

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. After talking to high level LG and TMo tech support about the update they both confirmed it would be out in the next couple of weeks and would be 8.1 Oreo with AI and allot of under the hood enhancements including a near stock Android experience. I take that with a grain of salt of course but here is to hoping that is the case.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. After talking to high level LG and TMo tech support about the update they both confirmed it would be out in the next couple of weeks and would be 8.1 Oreo with AI and allot of under the hood enhancements including a near stock Android experience. I take that with a grain of salt of course but here is to hoping that is the case.

If this verifies this would actually make T-mobile the first carrier to roll out 8.1

Ldshark

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Ya like I said with a grain of salt I will believe it when I see it. I have my doubts but it could happen I k ow lg and TMo us has some big agreements so perhaps it could be.

wpavlik2

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
April 12th and nothing on my T-Mo V30 that I bought the first week it was out...
It is disappointing that they are talking about Android "P" and Oreo hasn't been sent out yet to the this flagship device.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
At last.

Oreo (8.0) arrived in Austria yesterday. A friend and me got it nearly simultaneously even though we are on different providers.
Seems, it's not at all the providers, who are the lamea**es ...

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
So for those who have got Oreo on the V30 how is it? Are there any improvements or anything worse?

I am wondering if they will ever get around to changing the horror show that is the settings menu.

I did sell my V30 but after being massively underwhelmed by the S9+ I am considering getting one again.

I bought the S9 first and returned it for the V30. I only kept the S9 a few hours. I didn't like the sound quality on the calls. Perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance. In the Verizon stores the S9 is the hard sell. That's all they want to show you.