Android 10 - T-Mobile

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I will also chime in and confirm after i manually checked it. Ill have to wait till tonight to do the update.
1.37GB

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm liking 10. The new settings menu is really different. At least it has a search. Battery seems to drain faster but I think all updates cause that after first install.
I turned on gestures for fist time. Takes some getting use to... And the notification quick settings are different. Bigger Icons.
App swapping is now like IOS and the tap/hold on a suspended app give you a menu to pin it or split window it.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I got Android 10 and LG Pay finally is available for the V40.

Bad news is LG Pay has very limited banks so mine don't work yet but I can still use Google Pay.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I had awful update experiences with my v20 so had declined this one every time it prompted, but it did it overnight anyway.

The upgrade to 9 borked my reception (tmobile had to replace the phone it was so effed up) so jury is out until I've tried this one out and about, but so far so good and no indication of the problems of last time.

Bigger text and icons are a plus for these aging eyes, and at least it now has a better option for a cache wipe. Battery is dropping fast right now, but maybe that will settle down after 24hrs.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Where did you find the option to wipe cache?
My battery life is about the same or better with 10.
Going to give this a bit longer before making the decision to keep it or go to S20+

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the location. I was used to the settings on 9 that LG had for freeing up space.

The LG V60 was my original option, but my V40 has been having intermittent fingerprint sensor issues. Combine that with the delayed android 10 update i was starting to dislike LG. But with that said, i believe the 10 update from last week was several months ahead of LGs original schedule so thats a plus but still concerned with future updates. Meaning if i get a V60 will those updates too be delayed months after other manufacturers get theirs.

The V40 is my first LG phone. Prior to that it was HTC and Samsung Galaxy S devices (with a note 5 thrown in there a while back). I liked Samsung devices but my S7 Edge was horribly slowed down after a major update which prompted me to get a new phone. The V40 was on sale and i liked it. I will admit its been a good phone.

Bottom line, If Tmobile finds a way to get me the S20+ near the price point of the LG V60 ill go with Samsung.
If they cant the LG V60 will suit my needs. Either way im sure i will be happy.
I may also wait now that the V40 has Android 10 and wait for the other 2 to have a sale.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Update: 10 is generally running pretty well. Battery life is less good than it was, but not horrible (I was getting exceptional battery before). A few apps which haven't updated get laggy, but other than that, no known problems so far.

+
I really prefer the horizontal carousel for recent apps!

The new "zoom" feature is better than the old one, as it's now full screen/window.

Home screen fonts are slightly bigger and contrast seems clearer

-
Camera controls are laid out completely differently with different icons. Took me forever to realize lens selection had moved to the bottom of the window (and the icons have changed)

Battery isn't quite as good,especially screen-on time

Overall, a decent update. I'm mostly relieved this one didn't toast my phone!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa