https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...cUvbUpU6374420

Seemed like they dropped the price, the V40 is cheaper now and not $950
    socal likes this.
    10-20-2018 02:05 PM
    Ordered mines but still waiting
    10-20-2018 02:06 PM
    Nice find.
    10-20-2018 02:30 PM
    Update: Best Buy, which is also selling the Unlocked V40, dropped the price to $750

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=udRdUtVI

Seems like LG changed their minds about launching the phone at the $900 price and listened to the people. These phones still qualify for the 256GB micro SD card promo.
    10-20-2018 02:41 PM
    Good find, makes it a much more attractive phone.
    10-20-2018 04:21 PM
    Good find, makes it a much more attractive phone.
    Yes, I agree. Much more aggressive pricepoint compared to competitors.
    10-20-2018 04:57 PM
    I've got an iPhone 6+ that I used for work. I retired recently and it's gathering dust so I'm going to trade it in at my Tmo store for $250.00 towards a V40. So, $920 - $250 = $670.00, plus 0 down. The beats BH and BB's deals. Should be $92.00 (taxes in my area) out the door for a new V40.
    ffejjj likes this.
    10-20-2018 11:27 PM
    I've got an iPhone 6+ that I used for work. I retired recently and it's gathering dust so I'm going to trade it in at my Tmo store for $250.00 towards a V40. So, $920 - $250 = $670.00, plus 0 down. The beats BH and BB's deals. Should be $92.00 (taxes in my area) out the door for a new V40.
    Will the phone then be the t mobile version with their apps and them controlling updates?
    10-21-2018 09:27 AM
    Will the phone then be the t mobile version with their apps and them controlling updates?
    From the link:
    This device is carrier-unlocked and should work fully with carriers listed below with green bars. Yellow bars denote partial network coverage. A SIM card and service plan must be purchased separately. Network compatibility listed here is for reference only and does not guarantee phone compatibility or activation on CDMA Carriers.
    10-21-2018 09:58 AM
    Yes it will be the Tmo version with their apps. FYI, I have been with Tmo a long time and their app load is very light and in some cases, useful......like the Tmo account app.

The BH and BB models should be unlocked as Tube517 indicated in his response.
    10-21-2018 10:55 AM
    Well that price at Best buy could seal the deal. My only concern is looking at the bands listed on Best buy's site the unlocked version doesn't have band 71 for T-Mobile.

Anybody know how LG is with updates on their unlocked devices?
    10-21-2018 11:29 AM
    Well that price at Best buy could seal the deal. My only concern is looking at the bands listed on Best buy's site the unlocked version doesn't have band 71 for T-Mobile.

Quick answer, LG has been slow with OS updates and they know it. LG has started a new group within their company to try and create faster updates. I recently received the 8.0 update on my V20 and 8.1 has been available for awhile. Won't even talk about Pie. We will see how effective they are, it is a new group.

On the other hand, I have found security update cycles to be acceptable with Tmo, don't know about the unlocked varieties.
    10-21-2018 11:43 AM
    Quick answer, LG has been slow with OS updates and they know it. LG has started a new group within their company to try and create faster updates. I recently received the 8.0 update on my V20 and 8.1 has been available for awhile. Won't even talk about Pie. We will see how effective they are, it is a new group.

On the other hand, I have found security update cycles to be acceptable with Tmo, don't know about the unlocked varieties.
    Yeah IDK that major OS updates are a big deal to me anymore. I think I'd rather stay on stable 8.1 a little longer and have less bugs. I don't need monthly security updates but quarterly would be good.

Biggest issue for me is the network support. If the unlocked model doesn't have all the bands I'd rather pay more for the T-Mobile version. Also, I played with one in a T-Mobile store last week and it really only had a couple of their apps so there's very little bloat.

Might be worth waiting to see if T-Mobile drops the price.
    10-21-2018 12:05 PM
    Might be worth waiting to see if T-Mobile drops the price.
    In a way, Tmo has dropped their price, if you are trading in a phone. Take a look at Tmo's website and my post #7 . The only thing you get dinged on is sales tax and depending on where you live, it may not be terrible. Where I live, close to $100.00......ugh!

If they drop the price, I would guess the trade-in allowances would go away, so pick your poison!
    10-21-2018 12:23 PM
    In a way, Tmo has dropped their price, if you are trading in a phone. Take a look at Tmo's website and my post #7 . The only thing you get dinged on is sales tax and depending on where you live, it may not be terrible. Where I live, close to $100.00......ugh!

If they drop the price, I would guess the trade-in allowances would go away, so pick your poison!
    Yeah they told me about the trade in offer when I was in there. If I trade in my Pixel 2, after taxes I'm looking at $615 out the door.

My hesitation is that if they drop the price I might as well keep the Pixel 2 as a backup or give it to my kid as it's only 8 months old and has 16 months of warranty left plus I have preferred care.
    10-21-2018 12:37 PM
    The price drops make it a much more attractive option for. me to consider.
    gendo667 likes this.
    10-22-2018 07:03 AM
    At this price, may consider it over Note 9
    10-22-2018 11:05 AM
    Don't forget, you still get the free 256GB micro SD card.
    10-22-2018 12:07 PM
    At this price, may consider it over Note 9
    Exactly, $750 versus $1000 for the Note 9 (B&H has it listed at $999.99). Save an arm and leg. Plus you get a free 256GB micro SD card which is valued around $50. Plus 2 year warranty versus 1.
    10-22-2018 12:09 PM
    Yeah, it's much more competitive at this price. They should've started with this price.. all the YouTube reviewers are bashing LG for that $900 pricetag.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    10-22-2018 12:11 PM

The unlocked versions work fine on T-Mobile, I've never experienced any problems using LG's unlocked phones on T-Mobile. The problem is no T-Mobile default features like WiFi calling... if that isn't important then you're fine.

BTW unlocked phones are the absolute worst for updates... carrier phones gets updates faster and unlocked versions often get abandoned.. they still get updates but it's very slow and infrequent. So if that's a problem too, then get the T-Mobile version.

The T-Mobile version is much cheaper than unlocked if you purchase it second hand off someone else. Just make sure the IMEI is clear and has no unpaid balance due on the device.
    10-22-2018 12:15 PM
    From the link:
    No, the unlocked versions have absolutely no carrier apps or features. But the phone should work perfectly fine.. never encountered an issue with connection with the unlocked version LG phones on T-Mobile. The good is there's no bloatware or annoying carrier branding or bootup screen, but sometimes you miss out on carrier features (such as WiFi calling).
    10-22-2018 12:18 PM
    Yeah they told me about the trade in offer when I was in there. If I trade in my Pixel 2, after taxes I'm looking at $615 out the door.

My hesitation is that if they drop the price I might as well keep the Pixel 2 as a backup or give it to my kid as it's only 8 months old and has 16 months of warranty left plus I have preferred care.
    Keep it as a backup.. might come in handy if you ever crack your screen.
    10-22-2018 12:20 PM
    The unlocked versions work fine on T-Mobile, I've never experienced any problems using LG's unlocked phones on T-Mobile. The problem is no T-Mobile default features like WiFi calling... if that isn't important then you're fine.

BTW unlocked phones are the absolute worst for updates... carrier phones gets updates faster and unlocked versions often get abandoned.. they still get updates but it's very slow and infrequent. So if that's a problem too, then get the T-Mobile version.

The T-Mobile version is much cheaper than unlocked if you purchase it second hand off someone else. Just make sure the IMEI is clear and has no unpaid balance due on the device.
    I've never used WiFi calling but I suppose it would be nice to have. As for updates, it would be nice to get at least quarterly security updates for at least a year. I think if I do it I'll get the T-MOBILE version.

As for bloat, there really wasn't much at all on the one I played with.

My thing is I still am not sure what I'm getting this for. Bigger screen I guess? My pixel 2 has a great camera and gets monthly updates. I guess I need to figure out what I really want first.

The Note 9 is sitting there $20 cheaper with the same trade in deal to.
    10-22-2018 12:28 PM
    I'm thinking of buying this phone, coming from the s8. I want a bigger and non curved screen. Typing is a problem. I won't know about no Samsung pay though.
    tube517 likes this.
    10-22-2018 12:36 PM
53 123