How does everyone like their LG V40 so far?

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
As for all the phones that are currently out, I like the LG V40 the best however the thing holding me back has been the price. I am on Verizon and have no intention to switch carriers. I saw that Verizon has finally released some information for the BF deals here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung-galaxy-s9-lg-v40-and-more&token=t8gWWoBM

So it looks like I could get a LG V40 for $400 off which is enticing. I'm sure I could keep on waiting and eventually get a better deal, but I would rather get a new phone now. :) I currently have the Motorola Droid Z Force. I guess I want to see how happy folks are with their V40 now that it has been out a little bit.

TIA

jasqid

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm liking it. It's my first android phone as I've had windows and iPhone the last 6-8 years. I got the tmo Verdon for 920 on my install plan. They were running a deal where I got 250 for trade in off my old crapple so it work out to about 680.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
As for all the phones that are currently out, I like the LG V40 the best however the thing holding me back has been the price. I am on Verizon and have no intention to switch carriers. I saw that Verizon has finally released some information for the BF deals here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung-galaxy-s9-lg-v40-and-more&token=s_ScfJSD

So it looks like I could get a LG V40 for $400 off which is enticing. I'm sure I could keep on waiting and eventually get a better deal, but I would rather get a new phone now. :) I currently have the Motorola Droid Z Force. I guess I want to see how happy folks are with their V40 now that it has been out a little bit.

TIA

If you want the V40 and can get it for $400 off from Verizon then go for it!

I was looking at both the V40 & the OnePlus 6T, and I got a great deal on the V40 that I couldn't pass up...
I absolutely love this device and I have no regrets.

If I had the chance to do it over, I would purchase the V40 again.

Go for it

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Both my wife and I have the V40 we got on day one (pre-order), so we have been using it for a while now. Also on VZW if that helps. We both absolutely love the device. It is everything it was built up to be. I also looked at the T6 and Note9 as other option and I'm glad I went with the V40.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my first LG phone. Previous were HTC and Samsung. Been using the S7 Edge for almost two years. I am now a week into my V40 and i really like it.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Had it for 2 weeks so far and love it.

Pictures have been amazing so far.

Call quality has been excellent

Data speeds about 4x faster than what I had on my v20 and S8+

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't even exist in the UK which makes me sad.

How is the battery life?

Will it be getting Pie soon?

Battery life is surprising outstanding. I wasn't expecting it to be anything but ok to very good. But is actually great. Not much different than the Note9 my brother has.

Yes, Pie will come to the V40. I'm guessing by early January or early February.

Hopefully you will get in in the UK soon. If not, can you get an unlocked device that has the same bands you need for your carrier?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Battery life is surprising outstanding. I wasn't expecting it to be anything but ok to very good. But is actually great. Not much different than the Note9 my brother has.

Yes, Pie will come to the V40. I'm guessing by early January or early February.

Hopefully you will get in in the UK soon. If not, can you get an unlocked device that has the same bands you need for your carrier?
Thanks that's great to know.

Any idea of trusty websites to buy the thing unlocked?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
As for all the phones that are currently out, I like the LG V40 the best however the thing holding me back has been the price. I am on Verizon and have no intention to switch carriers. I saw that Verizon has finally released some information for the BF deals here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sung-galaxy-s9-lg-v40-and-more&token=uQXSWD2s

TIA

Took some getting used to but I love my V40. The wide angle is still an absolute most for me.. don't really care about the telephoto but it's nice to have. Camera looks really good to me IMO, smartphones are all getting better with photography.. now it's just nitpicking which is the best. The audio recording is unbelievable.. hands down the best video and audio recording phone available.. if you listen to how it sounds compared to another phone, you can understand why. The phone is slim and ergonomic.. lightweight and easy to use and hold, unlike Samsung's curved screens which are difficult and uncomfortable to hold. It's not that much different than the other V series phones but there's definitely improvements such as low light mode (pixel binding) and BoomBox speaker which sounds really awesome (not the clearest but it definitely has punch). I didn't like the notch at first but now I like it.. LG did an absolutely excellent job with it and it is used to show notification and the time.. oh and did I mentioned it still has a headphone jack plus improved Quad DAC? This phone is packed! BTW battery is not an issue, which most people were paranoid about. It's absolutely super energy efficient and lasts me more than a day (power saving mode can push it further).

I think your Moto Z should be fine to use another year or two.. I just wanted an updated phone that does better lowlight and still keep the features I love from the V20.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
BTW battery is not an issue, which most people were paranoid about. It's absolutely super energy efficient and lasts me more than a day (power saving mode can push it further).

I was one of the people who was paranoid about the battery life but I bought a V40 anyway, my reasoning was it couldn't be any worse than my V20. Well, my experience so far, is that it blows the V20 battery life out of the water with the way I use my V40.

An example........I was driving from the Chicago area to Iowa City to pick up my son for Thanksgiving break. Total trip about 8 hours including stops. When I made this trip with my V20, I would arrive in Iowa City with about 65% battery remaining. I always had to charge during the round trip. With the V40, I arrived back in Chicago with about 75% remaining and no charging during the trip.......amazing! No difference in how I used my V40 vs my former V20.

I am enjoying my V40.....it is everything I hoped it would be.....no major complaints. I would buy it again!

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got a V40 this afternoon and still setting it up. I have a V30 which I will probably sell. I had read every review and watched every YouTube video on the V40. My only hesitation was the price and camera quality. I got a $400 store credit and to be honest, I found the camera quality to be fine. So far, no regrets at all.

Drlandeau

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I just got my V40. upgrading from V20. so far I love it. have to learn the camera features yet but I expect it will be all good. I was worried about battery life, V20 wasnt real good, but so far seems much better.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been waiting for a chance to pick up the V40 so I could give my V30 to the loved one. Just ordered it today and will hopefully get it early next week (fingers crossed).

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your responses! I did pick up a V40 yesterday from Verizon in Moroccan Blue (I had to hit two stores to find one that had blue in stock). I really haven't had much time to play with it yet, but so far I can tell I made a great choice going with this phone.

eric12341

Banned
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Completely satisfied with my V40 after having it for the better of 3 weeks now. Can easily get 5 hours SOT even when playing games, streaming music and video editing. Performance is also better than my V30 especially after multiple days of runtime. My V30 after multiple days of runtime (8+) would begin to become sluggish when streaming music and using GPS at the same time. If that didn't happen, either the GPS would fail to lock my location or the camera would refuse to load up. This simply hasn't happened on my V40 and I'm currently rocking 14 days of runtime. Sound quality is also clearer and bassier than my V30. The DTS X feature is hit or miss when listening to music so it's best to leave it off with music but for videos and games it's a no brainer to have it on.