Messages Issues that I Can't Figure Out

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I've been using an LG V60 on AT&T for a couple of months. Messaging using Google Messages has worked without issue. About a month ago, I got an AT&T LG Velvet to try out. Used it for a day or two, then swapped back to my V60. Over the last couple of weeks, I've used my Velvet on WiFi only. Here's the issue, and it only happens with one of my contacts: I do not get any texts from this contact on my V60 with my AT&T sim. All of his texts are only delivered to me via my Velvet using only wifi. Even when I initiate the text from my V60, I only get a response when I turn on the Velvet and it logs onto my wifi. Don't know what's going on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I took care your other thread .

On LG do they have similar feature like Samsung called call and text from other devices?

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I took care your other thread .

On LG do they have similar feature like Samsung called call and text from other devices?
Thanks.
I haven't seen that option anywhere. The odd thing is, it only happens to this one specific contact without fail. We've tested it repeatedly. He gets my texts, but none of his replies come through until I turn on the Velvet. Then, I get all of them at once.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks.
I haven't seen that option anywhere. The odd thing is, it only happens to this one specific contact without fail. We've tested it repeatedly. He gets my texts, but none of his replies come through until I turn on the Velvet. Then, I get all of them at once.
Both phones using Google message app?
Something getting stuck between them .

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Yep. Both phones are using that.
Just turned on the Velvet and had a string of texts from my folks that I did not get on the V60, which had been on with AT&T sim all day.
Thinking it has something to do with the advanced messaging features in Messages. Going to try to disable them on the Velvet, clear the data and cache on both, power off the Velvet, and see what happens.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep. Both phones are using that.
Just turned on the Velvet and had a string of texts from my folks that I did not get on the V60, which had been on with AT&T sim all day.
Thinking it has something to do with the advanced messaging features in Messages. Going to try to disable them on the Velvet, clear the data and cache on both, power off the Velvet, and see what happens.
Turn off chat features on Velvet phone and do couple test on your V60

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Deleted cache, data, forced stopped, and deleted messages from each phone. Powered off the Velvet. Went back to the LG stock messaging app. Now, I have two contacts whose messages do not make it to me. Ha ha. Looks like I need to call at&t.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Deleted cache, data, forced stopped, and deleted messages from each phone. Powered off the Velvet. Went back to the LG stock messaging app. Now, I have two contacts whose messages do not make it to me. Ha ha. Looks like I need to call at&t.
Lol..Wow
See what they say

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if deleting him as a contact on both phones, as well as his messages on both phones, then on the V60 create a new contact and new message and see what happens.
Another option might be to use LG messaging app to send him a message on the V60 and make it default. Then go back to google messages and make it default and test.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wonder if deleting him as a contact on both phones, as well as his messages on both phones, then on the V60 create a new contact and new message and see what happens.
Another option might be to use LG messaging app to send him a message on the V60 and make it default. Then go back to google messages and make it default and test.
I like your first option , seems like worth a shot .

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I deleted the contact on the V60, but had three Velvet powered off, so I didn't delete it there. I'll give that a shot.
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non