No More LG Phones

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
As a proud owner of past devices like the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, V20, V40, and currently the LG V60, where do we (the LG fans) go from here...

Do I hold on to my V60 Dual Screen knowing there will never be a V70? Do I give up the headphone jack and DAC (which I absolutely love) for a shiny new Samsung or OnePlus?

I was debating on getting a new device. You know how it is, when you see something that catches your eye and the Ooooos & Ahhhhs start. Now, I might need to get a new device out of necessity. Who knows if the V60 will have continuing support past Android 11

Only time will tell.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know what you are saying. LG leaving the smartphone games is definitely a rough pill to swallow, for a lot of people. My husband has only ever used LG products since he jumped ship from Apple. He loved his LG G7 ThinQ and now his LG Velvet.

Since you've used Nexus phones in the past, how do you feel about using a Pixel phone in the future? That's likely where my money will go, despite the fact that I'm loving my S10. Not sure if I will do Samsung again this time around.

Hopefully support will continue for LG products and just-released phones, like the V60 and Velvet.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I know what you are saying. LG leaving the smartphone games is definitely a rough pill to swallow, for a lot of people. My husband has only ever used LG products since he jumped ship from Apple. He loved his LG G7 ThinQ and now his LG Velvet.

Since you've used Nexus phones in the past, how do you feel about using a Pixel phone in the future? That's likely where my money will go, despite the fact that I'm loving my S10. Not sure if I will do Samsung again this time around.

Hopefully support will continue for LG products and just-released phones, like the V60 and Velvet.

I'll be looking into the Pixel devices, although I've always wanted to try a OnePlus device. The S21Ultra is the only Samsung in years that has caught my eye...

I'll check out the latest Pixel and see if it grabs me, if not I'll be looking into the OnePlus.

In the meantime I'll keep enjoying my V60 Dual Screen until I feel it's time to trade up, or if something really moves me lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll be looking into the Pixel devices, although I've always wanted to try a OnePlus device. The S21Ultra is the only Samsung in years that has caught my eye...

I'll check out the latest Pixel and see if it grabs me, if not I'll be looking into the OnePlus.

In the meantime I'll keep enjoying my V60 Dual Screen until I feel it's time to trade up, or if something really moves me lol.

OnePlus is an awesome manufacturer, and I've always wanted to try their phones! I can definitely understand why you would be looking at Pixel and OP next time around!

David Martrano

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the G8 on Amazon renew for 242.00 bucks. It's a gift & I'm sure my nephew will tell me how he likes it. It came in pristine condition, no marks, nothing? At this price, kinda a no-brainer. It's slotted to get Android 11 so that'll be nice for him. As it turns out this is a 😥sad story for many consumers!

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've had the dual screen I'm going to miss the ability to easily multi-task with two full size screens. So I might give a hard look at a foldable device but we'll see. I'm locked in on my free V60 lease until the end of the year.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The list they shared was not the list for the US. So the V60 should get updates but we wont know untill the US LG phones list is released.
From the link provided in a previous post this is a portion of the text,
"Earlier this week, LG’s Korean website indicated that some selected models would also get an Android 12 update."

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that I know much more about the Sony 1 iii that should be available by the end of June...it is lookig more and more like my next phone, and I don't even really care about cameras...lol. I don't even need to mention all the reasons as everyone can do their own research, or already has. For me...NOTHING even comes close in so many, many ways it's not even funny...but I will laugh anyway...Bwahahahahahahaha! Just playing around.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The list they shared was not the list for the US. So the V60 should get updates but we wont know untill the US LG phones list is released.
From the link provided in a previous post this is a portion of the text,
"Earlier this week, LG’s Korean website indicated that some selected models would also get an Android 12 update."

Looks like they updated it to all V series 2019 or later.

LG ANNOUNCES "THREE YEAR PLEDGE" FOR OS UPDATES | LG NEWSROOM

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
In the same position. Was going to wait for a V70 or jump on the V60 as soon as it bottomed out, and now don't know what to do. I like having great sound and an SD card, and nothing else really comes close. Plus I like the UI and have it all set up exactly how I want it. I really have enjoyed LG phones and I'm sorry they're leaving the marketplace.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im still happy with my LG V60 and the fact it has 5G and TMO has that everywhere i go. So yup.. i wont be buying a new phone till middle of next year anyway.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Im still happy with my LG V6https://forums.androidcentral.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=69385640 and the fact it has 5G and TMO has that everywhere i go. So yup.. i wont be buying a new phone till middle of next year anyway.

Same. This V60 has been a fantastic phone. Very happy with it. I'm probably not buying until 2023 unless I win the lottery lol

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm gonna hold on to my V60 a while longer. I'm gonna try to utilize the Dual Screen case more and truly enjoy this device to the fullest....

I realize that I shouldn't worry about what to get next or what the new, hot, device is. I'm just going to appreciate the V60 a little more.

It does everything I need and that's enough. There's always going to be something newer and better, I just can't let myself get distracted by the wow factor.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm gonna hold on to my V60 a while longer. I'm gonna try to utilize the Dual Screen case more and truly enjoy this device to the fullest....

I realize that I shouldn't worry about what to get next or what the new, hot, device is. I'm just going to appreciate the V60 a little more.

It does everything I need and that's enough. There's always going to be something newer and better, I just can't let myself get distracted by the wow factor.

That's a pretty good position to take - enjoying what you have. That's what I'm doing with my S10. Ah, the LG V line... It's so awesome! Enjoy!

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I've been planning an upgrade for a while, so seems like now's the time (intended to jump on Black Friday deals on a v60, but literally the day before I was going to do it I dropped this V40 and broke the screen, so had to get an insurance replacement instead ). I'm moving grudgingly to Samsung and spouse will take this one.

I'm really hoping I won't miss the sound profile too much - the speakers on the v40 are sick good, and I use the customizable HD recorder all the time.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
That's a pretty good position to take - enjoying what you have. That's what I'm doing with my S10. Ah, the LG V line... It's so awesome! Enjoy!

I will, thank you. I appreciate it...

I found myself going back and forth over the S21 Ultra and OnePlus 9 Pro and then it just hit me that I have a pretty good device already, in my hand! Lol