Ics battery life.

alog122

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I went out and bought and actual wall charger, charged my phone to 100% and calibrated then let discharge to 5% then recharged, I just plugged my phone In after 12 hours of normal use it was at 10%. This is a major improvement over the 5-6 hours I was getting for some reason. I honestly believe my battery issues were being caused by the slow charging rate of the factory charger. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

japin

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I honestly believe my battery issues were being caused by the slow charging rate of the factory charger. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

On my Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) the charger I had was 0.7 amp output for charging, this charger is 0.85 amp output which besides the charger I have for an HP touchpad (which is 1.0 amp output) this charger is one of the fastest I have ever used for a regular cell phone. Your battery issues were being caused by a not properly calibrated battery which you now did, I would suggest to use the factory charger it was designed for the phone even though you may have a properly working (universal) style charger I have had bad experience with anything other than factory chargers over the lifetime of a phone. And the proper way to calibrate a battery (for anyone that may not know) is to charger to 100%, calibrate it, let drain completely (less than 2%) and then charge to full. Do this for at least 3 full charge cycles and you should see improved battery function. I did notice that when I installed the ICS update it did wipe the battery stats from the phone which is why battery life seems horrid at first. I can say though my experience with ICS on any phone over gingerbread is that you see much improved battery life, if you do not then I would suggest to anyone that may read this to do a battery calibration of your own.

dadardada

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate) the charger I had was 0.7 amp output for charging, this charger is 0.85 amp output which besides the charger I have for an HP touchpad (which is 1.0 amp output) this charger is one of the fastest I have ever used for a regular cell phone. Your battery issues were being caused by a not properly calibrated battery which you now did, I would suggest to use the factory charger it was designed for the phone even though you may have a properly working (universal) style charger I have had bad experience with anything other than factory chargers over the lifetime of a phone. And the proper way to calibrate a battery (for anyone that may not know) is to charger to 100%, calibrate it, let drain completely (less than 2%) and then charge to full. Do this for at least 3 full charge cycles and you should see improved battery function. I did notice that when I installed the ICS update it did wipe the battery stats from the phone which is why battery life seems horrid at first. I can say though my experience with ICS on any phone over gingerbread is that you see much improved battery life, if you do not then I would suggest to anyone that may read this to do a battery calibration of your own.

And the proper way to calibrate a battery (for anyone that may not know) is to charger to 100%, calibrate it, let drain completely (less than 2%) and then charge to full.

Charge to 100% i get.

How do you then "calibrate it" ?

japin

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
And the proper way to calibrate a battery (for anyone that may not know) is to charger to 100%, calibrate it, let drain completely (less than 2%) and then charge to full.

Charge to 100% i get.

How do you then "calibrate it" ?

You must be rooted and you can download a program on the market called "Battery Calibration" by NeMa, it will chime once you hit 100% charge, you click calibrate and unplug and let drain, simple as that.

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Didn't an actualy google android developer(you know the ones who make android) already debunk the whole "battery calibration" thing?

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is aware of the usb removable charger issues...i have had three replacement vipers lol, they are sending now with wall chargers only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez