Bootloop? help?

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I have a Motorola Triumph on VM, but I got this LG Vortex from a friend. I was planning on putting CM7 on it and using it for Gameboid and as a music player, a supplementary device.

I am familiar with the OV and rooting and ROMing it.

heres what I did in order.

1. factory reset.

2. skip activation screen, sign into google account, let phone update market and apps.

3. rooted with gingerbreak, successfully.

4. downloaded bobzhome dec 2 rom and gapps from here https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary I use these roms on the OV and they work fine.

5. I downloaded the VS660 recovery.img recovery image from this thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-vortex/128651-rom-wip-cm7-port-vortex-vs660.html

6. I used this All in One Recovery Flasher tool. All In One Recovery Thread - Android Forums I had previously used this tool with great success installing a recovery to an Optimus V. worked fine. all I did was rename that Optimus specific recovery to "recovery.img" and place it in the specified folder. I did that with this phone tool, took the VS660 specific recovery, renamed it and placed it in the same folder.

7. entered the terminals correctly with su access.

8. started to flash, no errors noted, but it happened fast.

9. phone rebooted automatically, trying to enter recovery. but only the LG logo showed up for about 20 seconds, then screen flashes black, and repeats showing the LG logo for another 20 seconds. continues indefinately.

I dont have the SDK on my PC but I guess i will have to install the needed software to use ADB. that isn the problem.

the issue i need to know is what do I do from here on out? the phone is merely a toy for me as I have a Triumph, but id like to get it working again asap.

once I have the android SDK installed, what do I need to do through ADB to fix my phone?

is the fact that its flashing the LG logo every 20 seconds as if rebooting going to affect the ADB connection? is it rebooting when it flashes or just nothing.

I am not a "noob" to flashing, but everytime Ive done it before, it worked without error. so now that I need to "fix" it, I dont know how.

help is appreciated

qwixilver

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi ^_^ I feel your pain, as I have recently gone through a similar ordeal. I have posted a guide over on XDA on how to get out of bootloops with LG vortex Here

Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non