Advanced Settings app

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Didn't know whether or not anyone else had seen this, but there is a decent app on the Play Store called "Advanced Settings" that looks a lot like "Settings" which is already on the watch, but provides additional functionality. There is a free version and a pay version ($1.99) which appears to unlock a few additional features.

Anyway, my watch is not rooted, but I was able to use the app to uninstall several apps which I had previously uninstalled from the phone, but they had remained on the watch. One of the features I am particularly interested in gives you the ability to set "Touch to wake screen" to "off"; however, I was unable to get it to work. After setting it, when I go back in, it is always set to "on". Not certain if it is because the watch is not rooted, or that maybe the app isn't compatible with Android 6.0.1.

If anyone can offer any suggestions for this, it would be appreciated. Regardless, I think the app is a great and love the additional ability it provides to customize settings on the watch.

Update one... I purchased the pay version, but I am still unable to disable "touch to wake screen".

Update two... I just saw that you need to be rooted to enable this feature.

Last edited:

json405

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Advanced Settings" app

is it able to uninstall fit or some watch faces? i don't have that on my phone and I have it disabled on my watch. I use other apps for steps and heart rate monitoring. This would have been helpful last night haha. I installed a heart rate monitor app that I didn't like and I uninstalled it but it was stuck on my watch. So annoying! So I just factory reset my watch lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez