LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition - Charging level does not appear on the screen anymore!

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
When charging the watch the display used to change from the watchface to a screen with current time and the time remaining to become fully charged with a coloured bar on the perimeter of the display that showed the charging level.
This screen would rotate by 90 degrees when the watch was laid on the side.
Without any action from me, this display stopped appearing, although the watch is actually charging as usual. The only indication now is the small lightning icon on the top.
Are there any suggestions why did this happen and how to restore the original behavior of the watch?

Thank you,

Giannis

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me quite a few times over the past few years. Usually just restarting will fix it, but occasionally I've gone probably months until an update or something fixes it, and I've done a few factory resets as well to try to fix other various issues. So I don't really have a proper solution for you, but I do know it's not permanent. :p

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
This has happened to me quite a few times over the past few years. Usually just restarting will fix it, but occasionally I've gone probably months until an update or something fixes it, and I've done a few factory resets as well to try to fix other various issues. So I don't really have a proper solution for you, but I do know it's not permanent. :p

Local service suggested to do a factory reset, but I haven't succeeded to take a backup of my messages etc.
Have you found a way to take a backup with adb commands?

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
No, I haven't really tried to backup watch messages because I barely use it for that so I've had nothing I've really wanted to save. I almost always send messages through my phone via the watch so they're stored on the phone still.

Oct 19, 2019
Visit site
It seems that the watch does not even download updates. Although connected to Wi-Fi it keeps trying but never downloads the updates.
I was hoping that some update would solve the "Charging level on the screen" problem, but I now have another one.