Market downloads spread across all of my gmail accounts

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 gmail accounts associated with my phone. I'm not sure when it first appeared but the current version of market lets you switch the gmail account you're associating an app download with. I would like all of my apps to be associated with the "primary" (i.e. the account I entered when setting up the phone for the first time). I've selected that as the "active" account in the market app but it switches off to a different account at random times, so now I have a few apps on this account, a few apps on another, etc.

Does anyone know why it's switching to another account or have any workarounds or better approaches to this?

gdgtgeek

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Am having the same issue, always default selects the last account on the list, and I have to go back and change each time. Running Motorola Atrix on 2.3.4 nonrooted

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. I've noticed when I click the update notification it always signs in with a different account than the only one I've ever used for market. And a new issue I've just noticed is that if any apps are set to auto update they update across all accounts even on my third account which I had never used in market so I had never accepted the terms, but last night I was forced too because it popped up under that account and there was no way to back out and select the correct account. Every time I opened market it would ask to accept terms. Now I have the same few apps under each account. I contacted google buy they don't care.

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Google seems to not care about this problem. I've gotten no reasonable explanation, solution, or resolution as to when they might fix it. personally I think this version of market is poorly designed with a weak ui that uses unnecessary real estate (the mirrored tiles) - just ugly.

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
Same problem with Thunderbolt.
It's way annoying. There needs to be a way to "Add or disable" your other accounts. I want my primary account to be the only one i download on.

AAAHH!!!

MsRed

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem switching the account so I can check for updates. It keeps asking me to enter the letters of a captcha. It's really small, so often I don't enter it correctly. Then if I do, it asks for a password to my YouTube account. This is really frustrating. :mad:

AppBrain works much the same way for updates, correct?

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
This is the reply I received after posting the problem:

Hi,

Thanks for notifying us of this issue. We have been investigating this
issue as some other users have reported it as well, and I will update you
as soon as we have more information.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Dean
The Android Market Team

That was Oct. 13 and have heard nothing since. Last night I sent Dean a reply after my Market app updated to the latest version. After it completed the update, I received notifications for app updates for all eight Gmail accounts on the phone. <bleeping> frustrating.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It's not a bug ? it's a feature!

Hi Dr. Triffid,

Thanks for writing back. Since you're able to use the Market app with any
account you have on your device, there is no "default" account. In the new
Market version, as your picture illustrates, update notifications will
specify which account that particular app is tied to. If you'd like to
turn off these notifications, you can launch the Market app then visit
Menu > Settings > Notifications.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Lynn
The Android Market Team

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo