App Refund Problem

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I DL'ed a Twitter app and determined that I would rather stay with my current one. I removed the app about 20 hours later through AppBrain and also removed it from the phone manually. Maybe I should have removed it directly from the Market and in the future if this happens I will make sure I do it that way, but with this transaction I've been charged through Google Checkout. I'm wondering if I will receive a refund (it shows up in my Market download list :eek:) or should I escalate things with the developer or Google? I've never returned a paid app, so this is new territory.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are still within the 24 hour window then just redownload it through the market and then do an uninstall/refund through the market. If you are past the timeframe allowed then contacting the developer may be your only hope. Maybe if you explain the mixup he will take mercy on you.

BrickAlley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I sent a very nice email to them explaining things and I'd be shocked if they didn't issue me a refund. I spent a little time thinking about exactly what to put in the email ;) , so now to just sit back and wait. The only issue is why did it have to be the most expensive Twitter client that this happened with? LOL

I liked the app, I just couldn't see it winning out over my current favorite Touiteur Premium and a little of that may be familiarity, so it wasn't that I didn't like the app.

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you say you loaded it through appbrain. I don't believe the refund applies properly when aps are installed/uninstalled through app brain. AppBrain is totally different then the market