Google Play Store Error "Authentication required..."

Allyssa Stark

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I am not able to make purchases from the google play store on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 anymore. This started a couple of weeks ago. I am still able to download free apps with no problem, however when I attempt to purchase an app, it gives me the Error message which says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into you Google Account."

I have tried all the basic things such as uninstalling updates on google play and google play services and clearing the data/cache on google play, google play services, google framework services, and talk; I even cleared the data/cache on all of my other apps just to be safe. I tried removing my google account, changing the password on my gmail and pc so they would all be surely the same. I also restarted the phone multiple times. Nothing is working and I am so frustrated :mad: . I don't want to have to do a factory reset (though it seems this may be my only option) but what's more is I'm worried that won't even help.

If anyone has had similar issues and has any further solutions (other than those I previously listed) please let me know!!! Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about the password you have to type into the box that pops up when you try to pay for an app? This has never failed for me. I input my password and the purchase completes. Maybe there's a weird setting in wallet? Check your wallet by logging into your gmail, clicking on the more button and choosing wallet.

Allyssa Stark

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about the password you have to type into the box that pops up when you try to pay for an app? This has never failed for me. I input my password and the purchase completes. Maybe there's a weird setting in wallet? Check your wallet by logging into your gmail, clicking on the more button and choosing wallet.

Scott, it was something to do with the google wallet! It said that because I had changed my gmail password, the google wallet was suspended. I was given the option to fill out a form to remove the suspension, but I am impatient and created a new gmail instead haha. Thank you!

Supriya Chengala

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Play Store Error "Authentication required..."

I have a problem in my phone whatsup is not opening it was asking me to authentication is required error what to do say me and other uptade

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem in my phone whatsup is not opening it was asking me to authentication is required error what to do say me and other uptade

Mark Prucnal

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Whilw to be some type of connection error I went on wifi and was able to connect to Google Play. Then turn off wifi went back to mobile and was able to access Google Play no problem using mobile after that. Had same problem with maps not connecting to the server. connected fine while on wifi. disabled wifi and maps connected normally after that on mobile.

Safwana ca

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I am not able to make purchases from the google play store on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 anymore. This started a couple of weeks ago. I am still able to download free apps with no problem, however when I attempt to purchase an app, it gives me the Error message which says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into you Google Account."

I have tried all the basic things such as uninstalling updates on google play and google play services and clearing the data/cache on google play, google play services, google framework services, and talk; I even cleared the data/cache on all of my other apps just to be safe. I tried removing my google account, changing the password on my gmail and pc so they would all be surely the same. I also restarted the phone multiple times. Nothing is working and I am so frustrated :mad: . I don't want to have to do a factory reset (though it seems this may be my only option) but what's more is I'm worried that won't even help.

If anyone has had similar issues and has any further solutions (other than those I previously listed) please let me know!!! Thanks!

Ryeon Ji

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I have the same problem except the purchase thing. I did most of the things you did too. I clear things and do all the other stuff, but it doesnt work. So I decided to make another play store account, but I cant download anything. Please help me!!

gieun96

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the exact problem... I did the following things, and it worked!
1. Turn off your phone, take the battery out then put it in again.
2. Press volume up button, home button, and power button all together. (it will take you to a list of options)
3. Select 'reboot...' (can't remember exactly what it said).
Hope this works for you too!

Mhine Koh

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site

TaRT zKie

Banned
May 25, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried to remove your account and re-add it again?

Nezzaros

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Try with other phone or change the password if not work the only solution is formating you device and install the last android version 6.0.