Poll: What's your favorite IM app?

What's your favorite Instant Messaging App?

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
  • Vote for your favorite IM App in this poll.
  • You can vote for more than one app.
  • Applications change and new ones are added from time to time - therefore the poll will close periodically and a new one will be started.
  • If your favorite app is missing from above, please check "Other" and list it below.
  • If you want to comment or add additional information about your favorite app, or experiences with others, please chime in below.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

P.S. - feel free to participate in other polls posted in this forum :)

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
eBuddy seems easy and simple to use. Two new-comers: WhatsApp, which seems to gain steam, but is NOT compatible with Task Killer, and LiveProfile Beta, which has the potential to become a cross-platform BlackBerry Messenger / BBM alternative. Any opinions about them?
I am still waiting for CrossTalk to appear from nowhere, but...

Last edited:

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have issues with all of them. They're either battery drainers, force close, or are ugly interfaces. Idc though, I don't really use AIM, just Google Talk.

Commander

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Other is missing as an option.

Also echo why is Trillian not an option and for that matter is AIM is an option where is Gtalk?

Trillian and GTalk for me.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think Liveprofile is going to be a big player in the IM app world. Its in beta now in the market and looks very promising.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Trillian is nice, but needs light layout. I like Beejives interface more, but they need notification sound seetings, buddy online notifications ect like on the BB version. And less battery drain.

I really would like to know why all IM programs are such a drain on Android compared to other devices. Seems like a horrible plague on any IM besides the built in Gtalk.